The Birdseed Bandit

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Penn Digger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: blobbottlebob

Is there any way to move your screen?
It was just that one where you said he looked like a fox. All the rest are fine. I suppose a bear wouldn't even go for seeds (unless it was starving). I think they like the higher calorie - sweeter stuff. I know somebody who hunts them and they use donuts to bring them around.

Bob,

The bears love bird seed!! I have watched them dance around less than 20 feet from my dining room window on 2 feet trying to decide which feeder to rip down. They have "gotten me" a few times and I have found their scat loaded with bird seed.

A friend of mine has a picture of a bear in her yard standing on 2 legs "drinking" an elongated tubular bird feeder full of seed.

PD

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
The bears destroy my dads feeders,he had a brown bear on his porch a few weeks ago. I always pray i dont run into one of those when I am walking in the woods in the dark.[:-]

RedGinger

Reaction score
I wouldn't even want to run into a raccoon. They are big and very strong! Plus, they can have rabies of course. This guy got bolder each time I came outside and stared me down like he might charge me. He was not giving up that birdseed.

Rick, where does your Dad live? Brown bears are grizzlies! We don't keep our bird feeders out in the Spring or Summer, or take our trash out until the morning it is due. This Winter has been much milder than usual, so bears have probably not gone into full hibernation.

div2roty

Reaction score
Kinda glad that I don't have to worry about bears or when I take out my garbage.

Cool pics.

I believe that my Mainecoon is a bit of a sissy, but she makes up for it by being so pretty.

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
I had one of those damned things tearing up our pond. The SOB ate everything, even our turtle. I put a .22 hollow point between his eyes one night and solved that problem immediately. Raccoons learn fast so the others never came back. Eventually, I filled the pond in 'cause there was nothing left alive anyway. I hate them and will kill any that come into the yard.[:mad:]

RedGinger

Reaction score
Luckily, they don't usually do any damage, except for the occasional bird feeder or birdhouse. I'm not sure it's legal to shoot them here. Our biggest problem, in the animal area, is beavers damming up our creek.

RedGinger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: div2roty

Kinda glad that I don't have to worry about bears or when I take out my garbage.

Cool pics.

I believe that my Mainecoon is a bit of a sissy, but she makes up for it by being so pretty.

Yeah, I had never even considered something like that before I moved here. The first time I saw a bear, I was like, "What is that thing doing in the woods?!" I knew it was normal for them to be there, but it was such a strange and odd sight for me as I had never even seen a bear before. They are pretty cool, but I am scared of them. I do enjoy being surrounded by so much wildlife, and the opportunity to take pictures of all kinds of animals.

Even though Leo seemed scared of the raccoon, in his defense, he did catch a mouse the other day [:)]

[:-]

div2roty

Reaction score
I do like seeing wildlife, just not in my back yard. The town I live in, in Delaware, has a big like with a Blue Heron living there. I've tried to capture him with a picture but haven't been successful yet. He is always close by when I don't have my camera, never the other way around.

I did see an eagle in the Eastern Shore of Md last week when I was driving to an auction. I was on this lightly traveled road when I came upon a car parked along the edge. At first I thought they were in trouble, but then I realized a woman was taking a photo of something. So I followed her line of sight onto a field and there was an eagle.

I thought that was pretty cool.

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
ORIGINAL: RedGinger

He looks like a fox in this picture.

CB0018848B31486DBC94429F0264C743.jpg

Tried to fix it up so you could see it better....

13A8092D924644E08A11073FD28B6C7A.jpg

Attachments

• 13A8092D924644E08A11073FD28B6C7A.jpg
    13A8092D924644E08A11073FD28B6C7A.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 88

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skippy4747