The Birdseed Bandit

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RedGinger

Reaction score
Yes, that's the picture. On my computer, the original looks more like a fox, as I said or a coyote to me.

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
That woked Laur! I can see the picture so much better that I can see the stars and the moon at night.[;)]

RedGinger

Reaction score
LOL. Actually, I have been trying to get some shots of the stars at night. Out in the country, on a clear night, they are beautiful. When there's a full moon, it shines through the bottles on on of our shelves and it looks so cool. Some night I'll get a clear shot of it. Joe's friend has something on his phone where you can hold it up to the sky and it tells you what stars you are looking at. That would be really neat.

Rocky, he is fat! I suppose it could have been a mama raccoon. She hasn't been back since.

BTW, we are going to start working on a stained glass bird house as soon as Joe can find some materials to use (besides the shards). I'm really excited about that project. We'll post some pics when we're finished.

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: RedGinger

Luckily, they don't usually do any damage, except for the occasional bird feeder or birdhouse. I'm not sure it's legal to shoot them here. Our biggest problem, in the animal area, is beavers damming up our creek.

Don't get me started on the "dam" things, Laur. We have a standing $50 reward for them dead or alive. They gird the young pear trees, clog up irrigation pipes and are generally a nuisance. They are mostly nocturnal so getting them involves night vision goggles, a powerful light and a rifle. Away from the ranch I never bother them. I must be weird 'cause I was driving along a levee road one morning and saw a beaver sitting smack in the middle. A guy with a ditch cleaning hoe had disturbed him and he was heading toward water. I picked the heavy bugger up and dropped him on the grass away from the road. He hit water pretty fast. If he had been anywhere near our property I would've shot his a**. Another fun critter we have plenty of are river otters. Those things have no fear and have come within a few feet of me. When the canal water is low thy have a heyday chasing fish.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BigJayKay