The Rock Dump

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RedGinger

Reaction score
Across from the old farm

A43445D6F1654604BB7562718C9794DA.jpg

Attachments

• A43445D6F1654604BB7562718C9794DA.jpg
    A43445D6F1654604BB7562718C9794DA.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 48

RedGinger

Reaction score
Here's another one. I don't know what's wrong the type on here. I found part of a Warner's, part of a Davis vegetable pain killer, stomach bitters, etc. There were lots and lots of nails and metal. I'm hoping to find more if I keep digging!

C42DED992F4E4AEC80FF3DE84FC23E6A.jpg

Attachments

• C42DED992F4E4AEC80FF3DE84FC23E6A.jpg
    C42DED992F4E4AEC80FF3DE84FC23E6A.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 52

EndlesDreamer

Reaction score
Hi Laur...Saw your post and when I read Kinzua I had to reply. Ive been in that area many times for years. We camped at Highbanks alot. My friends Dad used to have property up there. Ever hear any stories about Onnaville? There are suppose to be ancient Indian burial grounds on some of those hill tops. It's really a beautiful area.There are alot of areas in the marina that you can only get to by boat. What is the name of that cemetary? Good luck finding some treasures!
Lisa

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Hey Lisa,..I'm replying here for Laur, since she's sorta recent to this neck of the woods. The cemetery is called willowdale and is just outside of Bradford Pa. The remainder of the graves(for the most part) from Kinzua were relocated to riverview cemetery where Seneca Chief Cornplanter is buried as well...Riverview is not far from Highbanks...Have you been there? We cruise that entire rivervalley (now lake) for digging areas,....even though the Boundaries are confused,....(Allegany State Park/Seneca Nation/ New york State/Penna, and Allegheny national forest...All w/ their own laws and enforcement agencies..(sigh)....In the eighties I worked on the Dam on the Forest service garbage scow, servicing the boat access campgrounds...(Found a shoreline privvy once and went back on my own time w/ a lantern to dig it...) At one time before the dam was there it would've been on the hillside....Alot of virgin bottles and all sand digging,....didn't know how lucky I was to find that spot back then,...but still have alot of cool bottles from there...
Too much info?....Thanks for hearing me out. And Keep up the good digs,....Is your spot sorta near the skyway?....That's alright don't give it away.[:)] Joe

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Sorry to hop back in here, but yes Lisa,..I know some locals and they said the same about Onoville and the Burial mounds/grounds.... (unfortunatley alot of that is Seneca nation and they are vr. touchy about whom wanders onto the 'nation' lands...Also there's a local legend/Lore about "witch lights" in those same hills that can be found on UTUBE....It's an amazingly beautiful area.... Joe

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter