The Rock Dump

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Penn Digger

Reaction score
The Chief Cornplanter mention is very interesting. He actually negotiated with Gen. George Washington in the 1780's (?) for the Cornplanter tract of land that was later flooded for the Kinzua Dam mentioned in the early 1960's. Not suprising that the good ole USA broke another treaty. Johnny Cash actually wrote a great song about it at the time. Fascinating info, if you google it. I remember hunting on the farm where you mentioned the rock dump with my late father as a child, brings back memories. If only I was a bottle digger back then.

Tom

EndlesDreamer

Reaction score
Hi Laur & Joe....Thanks for the info and the links. I sent you a PM, but I dont think it went thru. Never too much information for me! I must have passed Riverview when I was at Highbanks, must have missed it. The last time I was in that area the river was dried up pretty bad. Spent alot of time out that way years ago. Beleive me I understand about their own set of laws, too. Still a beautiful area to spend time in. Joe, my secret is out, last time I was at the waterfront I wasnt the only one there! Yup, thats under the skyway. Most of the bottles I have found there were from the lake side, the new project. Have you ever heard of "Pigmans Road"? Lisa

farmgal

Reaction score
Hi Red,
I feel your pain..we used to have wirless also and moved out into the sticks and are now stuck with dial up. Very slow and very frustrating. And satelite is extremely expensive here.sigh

RedGinger

Reaction score
Hey Lisa, got your note, thanks! Farmgal, we can get wireless here, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter