The Smallest Milk I Ever Did See!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

KBbottles

Reaction score
I've had some time this week to do a lot of scouting in my area for new potential sites. There are a lot of historic farm properties in Central NJ and some farms dumped quite a bit along their fields.

I spent a few hours scouting an area along a farm field in Plainsboro, NJ where I had been aware of a fairly large dump site. Mostly 1930s and newer however. Unfortunately I was too young when I found the area. On the opposite side of the field were two ravine type dumps that were dug and had TOC and some earlier stuff in them. Knowing Plainsboro and Cranbury (which is right nearby) has some great bottles, I took a chance and dug a little in the later dump hoping there were some local late throws especially blobs and milks. The few hours of digging were mostly a disappointment, but what a relaxing afternoon.

My favorite find of the day was a tiny and tame little baby garter snake that was friendly and had no problem with me picking it up and letting it slither through my glove-covered fingers. Bottles I took home included a cobalt 2oz ABM ribbed poison. Not a rare bottle by any means. A few different painted label sodas that were in ok shape, and this little guy...

About 2 inches in height. A Borden's milk bottle with a shielf and cow embossed. Anyone have a clue about this one? Age, purpose, etc...? I'm searching now but will guess maybe it is part of a toy set...?

F4F559827B16489DA0471C3DADFD2554.jpg

Attachments

• F4F559827B16489DA0471C3DADFD2554.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 54

THE BADGER

Reaction score
thats cool ken could be a toy or some kind of giveaway or sample.i was down your way today over in jamesburg but you know mostly jamesburg milks and odds and ends.best thing that was dug was a 1939 worlds fair esso glass bank a nice big one but i didnt get it in the pick,buffalo bill got it. badger

LC

Reaction score
About 2 inches in height. A Borden's milk bottle with a shielf and cow embossed. Anyone have a clue about this one? Age, purpose, etc...? I'm searching now but will guess maybe it is part of a toy set...?

That is a neat miniature milk bottle KB . I found one some years ago that was about one and a quarter inch tall . No namer but had a cow embossed on it . I never did find out any information on it . Let a milk bottle collector talk me out of it . I sold it for twenty five dollars . At least you have one with an embossed name on it , hopefully you will find out some info on it .

Hey Badger , if you get the chance and are able to , take a picture of the Esso bank and post it for me , would like to see it . Gas and Oil memorabilia is another interest of mine .

[/quote]

towhead

Reaction score
Creamer? Look here: https://www.antique-bottles.net/forum/m-27075/mpage-1/tm.htm

-Julie

KBbottles

Reaction score
That's definitely another possibility... The Walker Gordon Dairy of Plainsboro was the home of the famous Elsie the cow advertised on Borden's products. They supposedly had a very popular restaurant in the 30s and 40s and it is possible these were creamers used in Plainsboro. Could also be a novelty (toy) item or souvenir from the dairy itself which was an attraction then.

LC

Reaction score
I had some creamers from a resturant once that measured roughly an inch and a quarter tall and were roughly three quarters of an inch in diameter with a wide mouth opening . No embossing on them , never was sure of their age though .

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR