"The Story of Us"

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Anybody else been tuning in Sunday nights at 9:00 on the History Channel? (At last some HISTORY on the history channel!) I think it's pretty well done, and they are giving a copy to schools free,....As I was watching, before they shared that fact, I was thinking that If they had presented it that way back when I was in school, I'd have found it interesting and would have paid more attention!
m6.gif

P.S. I was going to do a little post about me and Mr.Fred's little outing Fri. afternoon, but became caught up in this cool show....I'll try to get to that post soon. Joe

glass man

Reaction score
I MISSED THE JAMESTOWN ONE.WILL TRY TO CATCH THE NEXT ONE.

MEAN WHILE I SURE DO WANTA SEE WHAT YOU AND MR. FRED ARE UP TOO!! JAMIE

ombudsman

Reaction score
Yep. I feared that it might be revisionist, that is, the idea that progress and betterment results from broad social movements rather than by the actions of individuals. My fears were groundless.

The program said that 25,000 colonists died in the Revolutionary War. Amazing in such a new country! It's awe-inspiring to be reminded that thousands of men were (and I guess still are) willing to raise up out of that trench into a hell of death. No skill or intelligence could save one - in the hail of projectile fire, it was just luck that determined who would live and who would die. We owe them big time.

Thank you to those who serve.
Dave

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sneaky Pete