This and that and a question or two

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

botlguy

Reaction score
Hey Folks: Just a few thoughts. First, I am not a free loader, I have made a contribution and informed a couple of administrators but it doesn't show on my posts. I just don't want you all to think I don't really care about this forum, I do.

Secondly, I would like to do some bottle trading / buying and want to add a new but old catagory to my wants. I have for some time collected a few bottles with unusual, odd and / or fun embossing. Just for example, I have the following:
1. DR. LEESON'S / TIGER OIL / IS THE MONARCH OF PAIN
2. IMPEY'S MAY APPLE
3. C.C. TAYLOR / LINIMENT OR OIL OF LIFE / FAIRPORT N.Y.
Looking for more similar

Question: How did they get the Hutchinson Stopper INSIDE the bottle? Won't come out without destroying the stopper or bottle. Been collecting a LONG TIME and never even thought about it. A newbie asked me today and I was stunned. I don't know!

That's enough for one post. Thanks for any response or input

mtfdfire22

Reaction score
the stopper was put in and taken out when the rubber was slightly newer and pliable. now that rubber is hard as a rock and wont move

botlguy

Reaction score
Thank you for that input. It was also mentioned on another forum that the top ring that sandwiches the rubber is smaller which allows the pliable rubber to compress enough to allow insertion but the larger lower ring won't allow removal. All makes sense now. Thanks to all who have contributed, perhaps others have learned something also.
Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?

botlguy

Reaction score
I'm sorry I don't have the picture posting capability on my new computer right now but I will try to describe it.

It has the front and sides indented with plain smooth label panel on back. Has a neck that is 1/3 (1.5") the total height of 5.25 inches with a short square collar. The embossing is all in the front indented panel on two lines. The color is medium to light aqua. It dates from 1885 to perhaps 1900. The base is embossed with an M or perhaps a W, probably M. It is really just a typical Patent medicine shape. I like the name IMPEY'S as well as MAY APPLE (2 words) especially since I don't have a clue what that is.

Thanks for your interest, I hope to get my computer up to speed soon, I am anxious to share some stuff. Take care.

botlguy

Reaction score
Not being very computer literate and not a very patient person I tend to shy away from doing that GOOGLE thing. Some of you are FANTASTIC at it so I usually leave that up to you. However, after this inquiry I did try and this link is what I came up with.
http://paperspast.natlib.govt.nz/cgi-bin/paperspast?a=d&d=TH19001013.2.63&l=mi&e=-------10--1----0--
It pins the date of this bottle at 1897 to 1900 for sure, maybe earlier and / or later also. Hope this link gets you to the correct place, as I said I am not great or even very good with this contraption.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen