This is different!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Jim

Reaction score
Here is a really cool poison that I just bought today. I have never seen one, and cannot find any listing of it. It looks very similar to the common KS-12 amber iodine bottles, but....it's COBALT! It is ABM. Can't wait until it arrives! Has anyone seen one of these before? Any ideas, Rick? Thanks in advance. Jim

Pn36252.jpg

Attachments

• Pn36252.jpg
    Pn36252.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 78

Jim

Reaction score
Thanks, Kev. Don't feel bad, I haven't been able to find anything either [>:] Jim

poisons4me

Reaction score
There ya go,you just picked up a very hard to get poison bottle that i have only seen 2 other times and do not have myself. Value...150.-250.00 range,i would pay that in ex. shape.Not bad for a abm bottle,very nice and a keeper for sure.Great find,I had heard that they were Canadian,i disagree and think maybe just seem to surface in upper north to midwest areas as thats where the others i saw had both come from.Hope this helps,thanks for the look.

Jim

Reaction score
Thanks, Rick. That helps a lot. I agree that it seems like an American poison, but I guess Canadian could also be a possibility. Either way, there obviously are not many around. This one came from Oregon. I saw it and had to have it. It was described as displaying mint, but having a few in-manufacture stress flashes (no nicks or contact marks to indicate damage). I have bought from this seller before, and he is very thorough and VERY particular about his descriptions. I got it for $75, which I think was quite fair.

This one will go on my top shelf for sure. Thanks again for the information on it. Jim

Jim

Reaction score
I found out a little more about this oddball from one of my fellow APBCA poison club members. Two of these were dug a while back near the US Embassy in Germany. They are both in members' collections here in the U.S. now, one being sold at Baltimore a couple years ago. These two bottles are 3 3/4" tall. The one that I have is 3 1/4", so there are at least two different sizes of them. Counting the two found in Germany, the two that Rick has seen, and the one I have brings the total that I know of to five. I'm sure that there are some more somewhere (even if they are all buried, there have to be at least a few more), but I'm getting the impression that these are the next thing to impossible to find. I've had other collectors ask about buying the one that I have already.

I still have no ideas about the origin of these bottles. It very likely was an iodine bottle, but where from? Who made/used them? And why were so few made compared to the similar amber ones? I don't know, but I'm going to keep trying until I find out! Thanks to everyone for checking this out. Jim

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4