This is just wrong.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Mailman1960

Reaction score
A slick Hutch. Make it worse , it was the only thing in 3 hours.

Attachments

• IMG_20230909_172920_01.jpg
    IMG_20230909_172920_01.jpg
    439.8 KB · Views: 75

Digswithstick

Reaction score
Think slick Hutch's are harder to find than embossed. I have only ever found one , compared to 20 + embossed ones

Johnny M

Reaction score
When river bottles are buried in the mud, for whatever reason it keeps them nice and clean.
Yup. Noticed that in a river bank dump I dig. All wet muddy soil and I think it's because there is no coal ash to form soil acids.
When river bottles are buried in the mud, for whatever reason it keeps them nice and clean.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Out of the 100 hutches I dug I only remember digging one slick hutch. makes me wonder if these may of had a paper label at one time? Leon.

Mailman1960

Reaction score
Out of the 100 hutches I dug I only remember digging one slick hutch. makes me wonder if these may of had a paper label at one time? Leon.
I was thinking the same thing, it would have all had to been done by hand. It was hard enough making bottles. All there is is a circle with looks like a capital O above it and on the bottom two numbers. Even when it dried out it's super clean except for that black stuff you get murick acid gets rid of that.

Mailman1960

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing, it would have all had to been done by hand. It was hard enough making bottles. All there is is a circle with looks like a capital O above it and on the bottom two numbers. Even when it dried out it's super clean except for that black stuff you get murick acid gets rid of that.

I've only talked about 10:15 in the last 3 4 years. The summer I'm up to 24 bottles in the river. Not much time left though, always next year

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuctionAnnie