This weeks digs

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanadianBoy

Reaction score
Hey Bram,looks like a good start,just remember people might of dumped before the house was built.
Lots of snow up here,its supposed to melt next week.By then I'll be in Arizona for a couple of weeks,hope to do some digging down there.Any good finds I'll have to ship back to Canada,
I'll let the Forum know if I get lucky(with bottles).
I was hoping there would be diggers down there who might need a extra hand,but no luck so far.

BOTLDGR03

Reaction score
Great finds Downeastdigger. Looks like your dump is a little woody too. I bet you will find many more in that one. Robert

downeastdigger

Reaction score
Crawling through the mud and briars of Eliot Maine
Thanks Robert, it's warming up a bit today to melt the light snow we got, and Monday will be 50+ degrees and I can take the day off to dig. PHYCHED think pontils!

I'm enclosing pics of a few bottles I've dug over the years from dumps that were newer (post 1900). Just shows some of the great stuff you can get if you're willing to sort through the screw tops and early plastic trash. Can you tell I'm obsessed with getting out digging?

First pic is of a cobalt Carters clover leaf ink.

Nk28200.jpg

Attachments

• Nk28200.jpg
    Nk28200.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 50

downeastdigger

Reaction score
This one is a cool poison you dont see often - has skull and stars embossed, with S&D embossed on the base for Sharp and Dhome. I remember this dump was really new, like 1940's, but I had been dump hunting all day and figured I would get some digging in. It was kind of gross, cause there was lots of jars with skuzzy contents liquid smelly stuff in them, but I kept digging, and got a good payout this time.

Qo39488.jpg

Attachments

• Qo39488.jpg
    Qo39488.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 55

downeastdigger

Reaction score
Last is a common Lightning Jar but in cornflower blue. Dug the lid in a different dump later, then fanagled the wire bail to get a complete jar. Doesn't photograph well, but it's a nice one. Got it just under the leaves in a newer dump that I wasn't going to dig cause it was obviously newer and had no depth to it. Of course then I spent 2 hours digging the rest of the dump and found nothing but beer cans and mayo jars. Oh well at least I got this one for the collection.

So maybe the 1900's dump I'm working on will yeild a goodie like one of these :)

good luck digging,
the Downeast Digger

Mk26346.jpg

Attachments

• Mk26346.jpg
    Mk26346.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 57

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
[:)]Morning Bram...

I be doing some cold water diving now that work has slowed down a bit. I will call before I stop by because I really would like to see the info on the Hayden.! Thanks for getting back to me.

Wayne

downeastdigger

Reaction score
HI Wayne
Did Kevin tell you about the river we dug in the summer? I dug for 3 days with nothing too good, then I bring Kevin and he finds a sparkling mint pontilled Proffessor Woods Hair Depot bottle ! Go figure. And I was almost bitten by a 2 foot long snapping turtle!

I was happy for him, I think I owed him one anyways. And I had pretty much given up, and I wouldn't have found it, so I'm glad it's on his shelf. It's a common bottle, but his is about the best I've ever seen
Bram

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
[sm=lol.gif]Hi Bram...

Yea, Kevin showed me. It was a nice bottle. I snorkled in there a little bit when the water level was downand found some fragments, but nothingmuch else. Several clear, unembossed meds, lot of broken stuff, pottery and so forth. Out in the middle there is a lot of ledge, rocks and boulders. Anything that hits that stuff is bound to break up. I'm sure there is some good stuff there, and it is probably near the bridge or dam. Gonna have to dig pretty deep for it though...oh well, not like I haven't dug an 8' hole underwater before!It just draws a lot of attention, especially when you are near a bridge nowadays!!! Nice to hear from you,

Wayne[;)]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229