This weeks dive picks

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jesster64

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: downeastdigger

The first dive I did on Monday was at a beautiful location, right out of a fishing magazine. I got a few bottles, but from the way it started out, I thought it was going to be the mother load. I put on my mask, and went bottoms up, and when I got to the rivers bottom, I found this one, sparkling clean and mint just laying in between the rocks. It's a round bottomed ginger ale Dow & Co from Boston

72F2EB93636749DA89E013AD29013C38.jpg

A beautiful bottle. Nice haul.

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
ORIGINAL: downeastdigger

Hey Joe ( where you goin with that probe in your hand - sorry Hendrix joke)

The peened out panel said "Providence RI". It's a big rectangular bottle, the pic makes it looks square. Just Fyi, I went for a dive at a new spot today, and didnt even SEE a bottle! Not every dive goes so well

Pretty funny Bram.....[;)] One fella I worked with in the glass biz used to sing,..."Hey Joe!,...where you goin' with that caulking gun in your hand?"....Great bottles!,...Good luck in the next likely river! J.B.

Sam_MaineBottles

Reaction score
Great finds, Bram!

The Wingate druggist bottle is a new one to me, especially in amber. Here's the info I have on him:

Sanford - Wingate, Frank H., 1889-1898 - Apothecary, druggist and pharmacist, also patent medicines, 6 Washington St.

I enjoy your diving posts - keep them coming!

Later - Sam

Penn Digger

Reaction score
The best local med from our town is also "Sanderson" in teal blue. Remember Joe?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JOYCELR