This weeks Finds..

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
Hello, I'm fairly new this and site and just wanted to post some of my finds from digging this week. After hours of digging I found about 25 or 30 "keepers" and I also dug up 4 hybernating snakes!! YUCK! [:'(] I'm only 16 and I go out digging any chance I can get.

Ki19402.jpg

Attachments

• Ki19402.jpg
    Ki19402.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 66

diginit

Reaction score
Hey there D.B.
Looks like you had fun today. I like the little aqua on the front left.
What does the embossing say?I think the aquas and the coke are
the most colectable of the lot.

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
Hello diginit, the little small one on the far left reads "Dr. D. Jayne's Carmin Ative Philadalphia." Any idea what it was used for? Thanks for your interest!

bearswede

Reaction score
Bryan...

Find Digger Odell's web page "Dr. David Jayne and his Family Medicines", 2002 on a search engine, such as Google... Lots of info on that page...

Ron

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
Hello Dirty Dog, They all are from Ohio. Thanks for your interest!

Ryan

Reaction score
Hi Bryan, is that a Jumbo Peanut Butter Jar on the right? I think those are cool, if you find any extra lids let me know; I sure need one...

Nice finds, thanks for sharing,

-Ryan

Bluebelle

Reaction score
Hi, Bryan! What a nice assortment! Could you tell us a little more about the site you are digging in? Would help to be able to date the finds. I know first hand that marbles identical to yours were around at least 60 years ago and probably longer, but I don't know how long that design were produced. Really exciting to see that young people are also getting bit by the bottle bug. Lots of luck to you!

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
Hello Ryan,
Yes, that is a jumbo peanut butter jar. Sorry I don't have any lids. They are pretty rare to find especially in good condition. I sometimes see them on ebay try there.

DiggerBryan

Reaction score
Hello Bluebelle,
The site I'm digging in, I found by mistake while hunting Indian artifacts. I was walking in a creek and notice some glass eroding out of the side of the bank. I walked over and examined the stuff and found it all to be around 1960's-1970's, so I wasn't too excited. I decided to get out of the creek and look on top of this bank where the junk was eroding from. I started broken milk bottle tops. (the older type) I started digging around with my walking stick and whole bottles started coming out. I've been digging in the same place for about 3 weeks now. I'm starting to believe the dump has been dug before but I'm not so sure. The reason I think this is because I'll found a milk bottle from 1924 and then below that I will find a 1970's 7-up bottle. The oldest thing I have found in this dump is the milk bottle I just mentioned. (1924) It is a Clover Farm Dairy from Ashland,Ohio. I've talked to some serious Ashland collectnrs and they've never seen or heard of the dairy. I was very excited to hear this. But anyway I believe the dump to be 1920's-1980's. I think I'm just about ready to fill in all of my holes I dug because I've been digging three days in a row and haven't found a single bottle and very little debris. Thanks for your interest.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agrounds1