Tiffany and Co Pepsi-Cola Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score

Attachments

• 7b856dc7b7f046578e52d875e9664592.jpg
    7b856dc7b7f046578e52d875e9664592.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 99

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
Question : Where is the verification stating the Tiffany bottles were "given to executives/employees" and not sold as souvenirs to the general public at the 1998 Hawaiian event?

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
P.S. The reason I ask whether the bottles were giveaway's or sold to the public is because there seems to have been a lot of them available over the years. 1998 was only 17 years ago and you'd think if a Pepsi Cola executive or employee was given one that it would still be in their family as a valuable keepsake. And yet, based on the numerous references I've seen, the bottles seem to be readily available. I think its possible that we are missing something here.

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
I've searched high and low and the only references I can find stating the Pepsi Cola Tiffany bottles were intended as a presentation bottle at the 1998 centennial event held in Hawaii are from eBay sellers. In fact, other than the eBay descriptions I can't find a single connection between the bottles and Hawaii whatsoever. I acknowledge that just because I can't find something doesn't mean it wasn't the case, I'm merely trying to determine where the "presentation bottle" claim originated. In one of Bob Stoddard's books he simply refers to it as a 100th anniversary bottle but says nothing about it being a presentation bottle nor any mention of Hawaii. If anyone can verify the Presentation/Hawaii claim, please let us know and I will be the first to stand corrected. In the meantime, based on the currently available evidence, I am of the opinion the Tiffany bottles were sold nationwide to the general public as a collectible and were not solely intended as presentation bottle in Hawaii nor any other state.

Here's the link to one of Bob Stoddard's books where he list the bottle as "Tiffany 100th Anniversary" ...

https://books.google.com/books?id=o9o1rlO6NTkC&pg=PA122&dq=bob+stoddard+tiffany+anniversary&hl=en&sa=X&ei=iUGxVPmEI4G2ogSepoGQBw&ved=0CDQQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=bob%20stoddard%20tiffany%20anniversary&f=false

iggyworf

Reaction score
Maybe Pepsicollector will come back with more info from the person he said he knows that works at pepsi. Or confirms from that person.

PepsiCollector

Reaction score
Yes, they also gave employees attending a Limoges pineapple with the pepsi logo inside.

PepsiCollector

Reaction score
As far as I know, the anniversary bottles were given to executives and employees. The guy I know, his wife worked under the president of Pepsi. He has/had the anniversary bottle, Limoges pineapple, and anniversary throw. He said him and his wife were invited to Hawaii for the party, but they had to also work the event. They attended the Rolling Stones concert. It was very cool to here the stories he told me.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey