Tips for cleaning hard to reach dirt spots

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
Sand, cleanser, water and shake well....Rinse and repeat...[;)]

LC

Reaction score
I have always used straight sand , but I guess cleanser would be of additional help .

andy volkerts

Reaction score
[;)] Actually, the cut copper pieces used in bottle tumblers works the best, fill bottle about a fourth fulla copper, and add water to about 3/4 full and shaka shaka shaka cleans em right up, you can also use some of the tumbler cutters and polishes also if ya want, works good and doesnt take very much effort while ya are watchin the boob tube or such.......

Wheelah23

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: andy volkerts

[;)] Actually, the cut copper pieces used in bottle tumblers works the best, fill bottle about a fourth fulla copper, and add water to about 3/4 full and shaka shaka shaka cleans em right up, you can also use some of the tumbler cutters and polishes also if ya want, works good and doesnt take very much effort while ya are watchin the boob tube or such.......

This is my recommendation... Copper is a soft enough metal that it won't scratch the inside of the bottle, but it will definitely get the job done on inside cleaning...

surfaceone

Reaction score
Chuckles Method, if you're fresh outta cutters & polishers...

chuckles_2.gif

JGUIS

Reaction score
I've used the copper with good results, as well as the beads out of a hackey sack. If you like using brushes, try this one. Cut the head(or part of it) off a toothbrush. Heat a piece of copper wire (10 or 12 gauge works best) and push it into the plastic of the brush head.(not the bristles) You can bend the copper to reach all of those tricky spots in bottles, over and over again.

chosi

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: JGUIS
Cut the head(or part of it) off a toothbrush. Heat a piece of copper wire (10 or 12 gauge works best) and push it into the plastic of the brush head.(not the bristles) You can bend the copper to reach all of those tricky spots in bottles, over and over again.

The toothbrush head on a wire sounds kind of cool. Do you have a photo of one you can post?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583