Tobacco Pipe Bowls

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

quicksilver

Reaction score
Hi,
Anyone know anything about tobacco pipe bowls?? Looking for value, age and history of a porcelain pipe bowl my friend found while digging for bottles at a rural site in Michigan. The pipe bowl is intact, 3" long, and contains the picture of a man in a suit coat and dress pants and a tophat bending down by a deer. Composition seems to be porcelain. Glazed. Other finds (bottle frags and metal objects), date the area to 1880-1915. However, inhabitants were in the area since 1600's. Let me know your thoughts. I will try to get a pic up by Friday. Thanks.

Matt

tncgal

Reaction score
I don't have much knowledge about them, but see mostly Made in Germany. Try searching eBay for ~ porcelain pipe deer ~ and search in title and description.

IRISH

Reaction score
There are LOTS of different pipes in every shape you can think of, I've never seen one with a deer on it though, sounds like a really good one.

Most of the fancy ones date from the mid 1800's to around WW1, can't really come up with a value without a photo, looking forward to seeing it [;)] .

quicksilver

Reaction score
Hi IRISH,
I will get a photo up by Sunday. My friend forgot to bring it with him today so I could take a picture of it. I'll keep you posted. In the meantime, I'll look for a book on the subject of tobacco bowls. Do you recommend any?

Matt

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles