todays find and I got ? about 1920-1930

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

opie

Reaction score
Here is my latest find after the rain. Walked the creek today and found this stuck in the bank. Pint size 1923-33 Ball perfect mason nice color. My ? is what are some of the rare or good bottles from the 20's and 30's, I belive the woods I been digging and walking the creek in is from that time frame. I have been biten by a bug "The Bottle Bug"! [:)][:)][:)][:)]

richf

Reaction score
Gary, the bad thing is, once bitten by the bottle bug, there is no cure! The disease may go dormant from time to time, but it never goes away!
As for 20s and 30s bottles, nothing that I'm aware of is rare. When you find a dump from that era, the best thing is to go deeper ... chances are you'll find older items.
Rich

lexdigger

Reaction score
Opie, there are some rare bottles from that era but you'll have to do some research. For the most part they are going to be local. The best bottles you'll have a chance at finding are poisons. There is a rare local poison from the town I dig that goes for 2-3,000. It was produced from 1915-1928. If you happen to come across any irregular hexagon poisons they are generally pretty collectable. Some are in cobalt or emerald green. Other than that, your best bottles are going to be pretty common. Jumbo Penut Butter jars, local sodas, etc. Try to get with other local collectors and find out what's on thier wish lists from that time period. Good Luck! Chris Capley

madpaddla

Reaction score
Any other hint I would have is local milks and definitely poisons. And dumps are cyclical. Where there is one there is bound to be another. Good luck and keep us posted. Ben

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Other bottles to keep a lookout for would be White House Vinegars, banks, odd jars, perfumes, early repro's and there's always that chance for the late throws.

opie

Reaction score
Thanks all. I've found one cobalt poison so far.[:)][:)] I put it up some where but it beats me in which box it's in. I looked last Friday and was unable to find it but when I do I'm going to post a pic. I've got my hopes up for a local dairy here in town, I've found a few but they've all been broken. The woods in like a hollow with a rail yard up above it. I've played in the woods when I was younger. Wish I knew then what I knew now I wouldn't have shot all them bottles on the ground with my BB gun or let my friends break em. [:(][:(] Have to say again this site Rocks. Ya'll some smart people. [8|][8D]

richf

Reaction score
Hey, Gary!
Congrats on the cobalt poison! Yes, sometimes good stuff turns up in these later dumps ... you're still better off looking for the older bottles. They're probably there, under the newer items.
Can't wait to see the photo of the cobalt poison!
Rich
P.S. Local milks are great and ACL sodas can often be turned up in newer dumps.

bottlenutboy

Reaction score
yes i have dug lots of acl and a few embossed sodas from a 40s-50s dump they are there and sometimes it doesnt take much to find them just a little digging i have all sorts of different ones some i still know nothing about most have fair labels still

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flipper93