Today's Finds

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

TheDiggerBoy91

Reaction score
When I used to go to the Clarence Middle School on the bus ride home I always used to pass by the Clarence Escarpment Sanctuary. Since there were old farmhouses nearby, I decided today to take a hike and find out. As I'm riding my bike down the road, I see in the woods a large rock pile-but no bottles. So a moved a bit next to the pile. There there was a large pit with 2 fallen trees in the middle and littered with broken glass. The glass looked quite old (mostly 30's but I even found some BIM shards and and an embossed local Clarence milk with the base broken off-OUCH) so I investigated. The first bottle I found was a 1937 O-I heinz botttle with the cap intact. After I finished up arounf there, I moved foward onec more to a slightly newer area (40's-50's) And got the stuff up there.

Finds are-

1937 O-I Heinz no. 221 bottle

1958 (?) Certo

1931 O-I Medicine

1946 O-I Duraglas Jar

1930's medicine

1930's Embossed 28 fl. oz. Vogel bros. soda

Vick's Vaporub

Here's the soda

Xv64741.jpg

Attachments

• Xv64741.jpg
    Xv64741.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 94

ronvae

Reaction score
Good finds--I've seen people on this forum call that iridescent sheen "sick glass", but I honestly think it looks magical. Like the essence of history.
PS: What in the world is an "Escarpment Sanctuary"? A protected area for birds? A nunnery? A sanitarium? Sounds a little scary. [:eek:]

TheDiggerBoy91

Reaction score
Thanx. Ya I kinda like it too. None of these bottles have it too much because they were all on the surface. I'm pretty sure this was a dump area. I also found a 30's certo (Have too many so I left it) a 30's Bonvilla jar (have one already) a 50's Fedral Law Forbids and a 50's horseradish but since I rode my bike I had to leave them.

Oh, and The Escarmpent Sanctuary is, yes a wildlife preserve. Unfortunately i can't dig there because it's against the law (being a preserve)Unless- I filled the hole before I left. Heheheh

TheDiggerBoy91

Reaction score
Thanx. My uncle, actually. He used to dig them up when doing construction work, and kept all of them One day I was over at his house an he showed them to me- and i was hooked.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen