Today's pit, UGH

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
We dug the second pit this afternoon and I got zero to take home. My buddy filled 2 buckets with common junkers, but there was not a thing that interested me. There could've been, but the majority of the decent embossed whiskies and beers were smasholad. Plenty of no namers, inks, blue Wyeths, amber Plutos, bromos, and a local Web's Tonic. A couple dozen local embossed fifths and quart beers were purposely busted prior to being tossed into the pit. There was so much glass that pushing a shovel into it was not easy. For such a small pit there was a LOT of glass and metal. Sorry, but 4 pics of that garbage was all that I could stand.[:'(]
CIMG2536.jpg

CIMG2534.jpg

CIMG2535.jpg

CIMG2533.jpg

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
Like I said at least your digging and posting. I might eat a spoon full of them privy crumbs right about now [8D][8D]

What is the brown bottle in the pit a Hostetters?

Wheelah23

Reaction score
Any dig's a good dig, I say! Digging through junk glass is still fun, if only for the adrenaline rush of pulling a bottle out and wiping off the dirt to check for embossing. Of course, the adrenaline's gone as soon as you realize it's a slick... [8D] It's a self fueling addiction, because then you've gotta pull out another bottle... And so on... [:D]

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TonyG1