Tom on the phone, "Gotta go, I'm digging the best dump of my life!"

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
RE: Last of the drugstore finds?

ORIGINAL: swizzle

Well it looks like the Old Drugstore Saga is slowly coming to a close. I wish all of you guys the best of luck finding another score like that. Thanx for bringing this story to life for us all. This has got to be one of the grandest threads in ABN history. Swiz

Very kind word's Swiz...This was a great dig and a great time!,....It kind of grew into what it was,more by all you good folk on ABN, than by much effort on our part,we just shared it.... and we were dam* lucky to find it....As we were wandering around the woods today, I was thinking how difficult it CAN be to find good places to explore, but things have worked out so many times for us that I realize they'll come around again. I also am going to take a moment to thank my comrades Penn Digger Tom for leading us to it, Mr. Fred for being such a great foot soldier and generous friend, (and one hard diggin' s.o.b.) and Laur, my wonderful little archeologist wife. Thanks everyone for giving me a place to express my bottle addiction. Joe

Wangan

Reaction score

Sorry Joe, I didnt get a picture of the hammer,but I will go back this coming weekend and get a picture of it or maybe even buy it.I had just put the last of my money into gas and was tapped out.[&o]Besides,he didnt have a price tag on anything there. Im thinking a barrel collection with tools and things would be cool.The guy had a Blob top Moxie that I wanted and I asked about its worth in the soda thread but no one has replied.I thought this guy was going to literally talk my ears off before I left!He was packing up as I left,so I know the bottle and hammer will still be there this weekend.

This has been a real adventure of a thread and I hate to see it end.Two heads are better than one and you people have four heads to think of where to go and find stuff,so Im sure we will get to enjoy many more of your adventures.I think the anticipation is as great waiting for you all to find the next spot as it was waiting for the next bottle at the last dig!Keep up the great sleuthing and THINK OLD BOTTLES!!![:D]

JOETHECROW

Reaction score

Tim,...I always thought the blob top moxies were way cool,....I've dug some of the crown tops but not a blob....I once saw one in an off greenish color that was semi crude and awesome....really wanted it, but I think someone was just showing, not selling it....Anyhow, I'm not sure what a good price is for one,....As far as gas money goes,...I hear you loud and clear,...I've got a 99 Ranger 4wd,....great truck but even in in a good state of tune, it's a little gas hog. BTW does anyone know what they might have used the rubber stamps on? By the look of the large numeral "2" I was thinking maybe for crates or bags... Thanks for the good words. Joe

RedGinger

Reaction score

ORIGINAL: Wangan

Two heads are better than one and you people have four heads to think of where to go and find stuff

Thanks, Wangan. Sometimes, we do! LOL[sm=lol.gif][sm=rolleyes.gif]

Wangan

Reaction score

ORIGINAL: RedGinger

ORIGINAL: Wangan

Two heads are better than one and you people have four heads to think of where to go and find stuff

Thanks, Wangan. Sometimes, we do! LOL[sm=lol.gif][sm=rolleyes.gif]

Thats why you need to go more and help them.[:D]

Wangan

Reaction score

Joe,the marking of crates is an excellent idea.I wonder if maybe they may have been used for poster ads too.The swirly one makes me think of border wallpaper,but Ive never heard of rubber stamps for wallpaper or just over the paint.Maybe the drugstore used them on crates they shipped out to other customers.Too bad you couldnt Google up the store for a good historical account.I think the side finds are as interesting as the bottles.

swizzle

Reaction score

Hey Joe, here's one for your wallpaper.

IMG_3873.jpg

They sure are perty. I sold my first blob top Moxie and thought I'd never find another one. The first one was free, I dug it this one cost me $3 but I guess the going price is between $10 to $15+. Hey Joe I think I see a little drool on your lip. [:D] Swiz

Wangan

Reaction score

The one I saw didnt have nerve food on it so I am thinking it is newer than that maybe.

swizzle

Reaction score

My first one was better. It was a bit more crude and more nice sized air bubbles in it. Both of the blobs that I've had say Nerve Food on them. They might not be a high end bottle but I really like the way they look. I'll keep my eye out for another one for you Joe. If I can get a good deal on one I'll let you have it at cost plus shipping. I'm suppose to be going to look at another 300+ bottles this coming weekend. Digger direct buying. The guy dug a bunch of them but doesn't seem to know a lot about bottles. I'm gonna try my best to be fair with the guy. Its the only way to keep the bottles flowing to ya. Swiz

JOETHECROW

Reaction score

ORIGINAL: swizzle
They might not be a high end bottle but I really like the way they look. I'll keep my eye out for another one for you Joe. If I can get a good deal on one I'll let you have it at cost plus shipping.

Thanks very much Swiz,....If it works out,...you're on. I agree they're a great looking bottle.I think that the name "Nerve Food" is way cool.
m6.gif
Joe

Latest posts

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn