Trash pit dig

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
Today's dig wasn't much more productive than Thursday's was. A few minutes of probing proved to locate two holes. We decided to begin by opening up the shallower of the two, thinking that it COULDN"T be the same age as the previous one. WRONG!! Not only was it close in age, but the danged thing turned out to be a seven foot square, three foot deep trash pit. As it grew in size, bottles of all sorts flew out, literally. Most were of such poor quality that we just tossed 'em up onto the ever expanding dirt pile.

There were enough busted teasers to make us fools keep at it, 'cause you just never know. At the end of the afternoon we had very few "take home" bottles. A couple of Kilmer's Ocean Weeds, a Lydia Pinkham's Blood Purifier, some sarsaparillas, hutch sodas, and local prescriptions were all that I was barely interested in. I just couldn't abide draggin' home the Chamberlains, Boschees, other Lydias, funky Hostetter's, ad nauseum. The gal across the street got a Radio Flyer full of inks, fruit jars, shoe polishes, perfumes, Ayers, and many more bottles to add to her backyard "bottle fence". She happy, we happy. We fillederin and booked for home.

I tried to throw in a pic, or two, but the system denied the photos. 120KB is too much, I guess.

Mike

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
Here's a shot of the junkers bein found. My camera batts died.

Mike

Xv65251.jpg

Attachments

• Xv65251.jpg
    Xv65251.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 46

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
Another photo of a few of the "wonderful" finds. LOL.

Mike

Ig12539.jpg

Attachments

• Ig12539.jpg
    Ig12539.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 53

CALDIGR2

Reaction score
Last one. Small town pharmacy that's quite scarce, as the "ville" was dropped from the town's name in 1907. I have others that are even older and cruder. I like finding these bottles.

Mike

Jh14951.jpg

Attachments

• Jh14951.jpg
    Jh14951.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 47

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member