Triumph No.6 aqua jar

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

historyhunter

Reaction score
Even under the crud I can find no chips or cracks on this TRIUMPH. Tons of imperfections but nothing unoriginal. I only collect the medicinals so this will be up for sale after cleaning.

surfaceone

Reaction score
Wait a minute, Dave,

Was this your first dig? The Bottle Spirits really were smiling on you...[8D]

Please do write up a story on how you chose this spot, what you did, what happened next, and so on...

Congratulations, sir, and if you weren't hopelessly hooked before, you're sure to be now. [8D]

FirstDigJuly2008.jpg

historyhunter

Reaction score
Well....I still havent used a shovel yet. I scuba or snorkel. Just, I live on a river and this time I researched into the place out of town with a date in time of 1820s and on. Then I looked into the town and found what I thought could be 2 ideal locations. Turns out one was ok the other a honey hole. I'd say it is a little more dangerous than digging only when the water you want to search is deeper and darker. I found a L Brames Fort Wayne brewery amber blob top before and it snagged me then I may have gotten carried away with it for a week or two but now after research and finding quality items I see my disc golf game getting even more effected.lol but history is history...to think about this was jarred food for a family 140 plus years ago. I read a letter from a man who lived there in those times and in the 5 years he was living there he had fever for 3 of those years and lost quite a few close family. I am just emersed in the stories really.

dygger60

Reaction score
An amazing jar to be found....wow...that is an early early jar.....congrats on that find.

I think it would be great to have that one professionally cleaned....excellent jar.....

Some great finds the past few days.....just wish some of it would come this way.....

Think JAR KARMA folks.....

David

Again....fantastic find......congrats

georgeoj

Reaction score
That is a very nice find. The jar is quite scarce and it's crudity makes it even more desirable to advanced collectors. I would caution you about having the jar cleaned. A LIGHT POLISH would help the looks of the jar considerably. Any cutting runs the risk of opening up those bubbles.
That would decrease the value of the jar.
George

historyhunter

Reaction score
Thanks once again all. Now I have to figure out the best way to sell anything I am not keeping.

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Dave,

Were I you, or if I was not keeping it and hoping to maximize return, and not in too much of a hurry to do so, I'd contact Greg Spurgeon, @Greg's place.

I've never dealt with him, but believe he has a good reputation, and seems to draw some serious, and plushly pocketed purchasers to his auctions. I know there are members that have used him. Perhaps someone will chime in.

good_luck_graphics_07.gif

junkyard jack

Reaction score
I would highly recommend Greg's services if you wish to sell your jar. His name carries alot of weight in the fruit jar world. Even common jars usually sell very well/above average when placed in his auction site. (Not that your jar is common, it is quite the opposite!)
With Greg, I think it is more of a "comfort" issue with potential jar bidders/buyers. He is very well-known & respected amongst jar collectors.
Personally, when I purchase a jar from Greg, I know it will be exactly as advertised/no surprises. Packs everything very well & ships fast.
I've never had him sell a jar for me, but I'm quite sure if I did have a top shelf jar to sell, He would be my one & only choice to do so.

dygger60

Reaction score
Yes, Greg is premier when it comes to jar selling...unquestionable service....know hobby wide as good people.....ya cant go wrong with him...that is for sure.

David

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bricri2