Trying a new way to market bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

deep digger

Reaction score
Hi Gang, I have listed a few bottles on the bottles for sale page on Facebook. Never done it before just giving it a shot before they hit the bay.Kevin Kyle

RED Matthews

Reaction score
OK I guess this will get to you deep digger. I am currently looking for bottles with tool formed internal and external threads. I am also interested in bottles that have applied jug handles. For example I have an early whiskey with a blob tooled finish and an applied handle. On this one a two bar tool was used to apply the bottom of the handle to the shoulder of the bottle. I am interested in the marks of strange empontilling tools, because I have found some that were bar tools, 4 to 6" long and some even have strange ends to them. I also like to get bottles where the neck was straightened with a pinching tool. And bottles that had a tool applied to the body of the parison to cool a portion of it before the final blow. Strange making marks are what I am talking about. There out there just not covered well in text put in books on early glass making. RED Matthews <bottlemysteries@yahoo.com>

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vladlitski