tues finds at the big tree

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi everyone, got to dig for a while tues. forgot my root cuters, so it was slow going. the embossed bottles, 1st on left is e.e.malone, ellicott city, md. i found an edward e. malone listed in the 1910 census as a saloon keeper. 2nd, embossed on side panel vogue perfumery co., new york. 3 amber s &d bottles , the littlest one is only 2 1/8" tall. the vinol bottle is embossed on base , private mold. patented april 19, 1898, the 3 amber bottles are the oakland chem. co., dioxogen. thanks for looking, any information is appreciated. rhona

Rp42556.jpg

Attachments

• Rp42556.jpg
    Rp42556.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 41

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Rhona, Nice finds. The Vinol and alot of bottles with names like that with ol andoli in the name{Nujoli, Nujol, ect} are just mineral oil. They gave it fancy names to help it sell better.

crkgrl

Reaction score
Hey Rhona,
Nice finds! I will try your tree method this weekend. How do you keep the poison ivy at bay?

nhdirtdog

Reaction score
Great finds there. It must be a lot of work digging around those roots.

elmoleaf

Reaction score
I hate roots.
Especially the ones that go drip.....drip.....drip......drip....on your neck after you cut them.

Caretaker maine

Reaction score
I hate roots too, especially the ones that crawl back and start wraping around your leg and starts pulling you down[:-]

capsoda

Reaction score
Machetti, Machetti, Machetti, Ax. [8D]

I don't have any problem with roots. I just whack them with a very sharp machetti or ax and pull them out.

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi warren, thanks for looking and the infor. on the vinol bottle, i thought it was a wine, duh. didn't read what i was looking at. hi crkgrl, light weight long pants, t shirt w/ a long sleeve lt. weight shirt that i leave open and gloves. i,m covered. good luck. hi nhdirtdog, emoleaf and caretaker maine, thanks for looking. the roots are rought, it took me a 1/2 hr. to get the 2 perfume bottles from under the big root next to the trunk. i get frustrated when my digging tool gets all tangle up in them. thanks for looking, rhona

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4