tues finds at the big tree

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi everyone, got to dig for a while tues. forgot my root cuters, so it was slow going. the embossed bottles, 1st on left is e.e.malone, ellicott city, md. i found an edward e. malone listed in the 1910 census as a saloon keeper. 2nd, embossed on side panel vogue perfumery co., new york. 3 amber s &d bottles , the littlest one is only 2 1/8" tall. the vinol bottle is embossed on base , private mold. patented april 19, 1898, the 3 amber bottles are the oakland chem. co., dioxogen. thanks for looking, any information is appreciated. rhona

Rp42556.jpg

Attachments

• Rp42556.jpg
    Rp42556.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 41

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Rhona, Nice finds. The Vinol and alot of bottles with names like that with ol andoli in the name{Nujoli, Nujol, ect} are just mineral oil. They gave it fancy names to help it sell better.

crkgrl

Reaction score
Hey Rhona,
Nice finds! I will try your tree method this weekend. How do you keep the poison ivy at bay?

nhdirtdog

Reaction score
Great finds there. It must be a lot of work digging around those roots.

elmoleaf

Reaction score
I hate roots.
Especially the ones that go drip.....drip.....drip......drip....on your neck after you cut them.

Caretaker maine

Reaction score
I hate roots too, especially the ones that crawl back and start wraping around your leg and starts pulling you down[:-]

capsoda

Reaction score
Machetti, Machetti, Machetti, Ax. [8D]

I don't have any problem with roots. I just whack them with a very sharp machetti or ax and pull them out.

Trying not to break it

Reaction score
hi warren, thanks for looking and the infor. on the vinol bottle, i thought it was a wine, duh. didn't read what i was looking at. hi crkgrl, light weight long pants, t shirt w/ a long sleeve lt. weight shirt that i leave open and gloves. i,m covered. good luck. hi nhdirtdog, emoleaf and caretaker maine, thanks for looking. the roots are rought, it took me a 1/2 hr. to get the 2 perfume bottles from under the big root next to the trunk. i get frustrated when my digging tool gets all tangle up in them. thanks for looking, rhona

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter