TUMBLER MOTOR FORUM AUCTION

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Staunton Dan

Reaction score
Thanks Roger, Charlie and Gary plus all of the members who contribute to keep this great forum going. I now have an opportunity to build a bottle tumbler at a reasonable cost. I will keep you all up to date as to my progress.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Thanks again Dan and Gary.. I have sent out the motor & bearings Dan, I hope you'll find them useful.. and of course I'll be available if you have any Q's or want some advice.. look forward to seeing you up and tumbling!
Gary, I also sent you a little something.. it's shamefully inadequate as recompense, but at least it's a little something you might consider kind of local.. -Charlie

Staunton Dan

Reaction score
And thank you again Charlie. I will take you up on that offer to give me some pointers on how to build it. I also have 2 offers locally to help me build it. With everyone's help I will be up and running in no time. Makes you just want to go...... ALL Right!!!!!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Tip # 1: find some solid steel rods 9/16" diameter.. 3 pieces at least 30" long.. you find them, and the rest will be pretty easy.. today I salvaged some of the other pieces I used to make my tumblers, which I admit never graduated from "experimental".. I never even got a cylinder.. but it seemed promising.. the goal was to build a small, easy to move table-top tumbler.. small and efficient as possible.. I used bits of lumber lying around the barn.. you should design the frame to most efficiently accommodate the rods, the bearings, and the motor.. -Charlie

Staunton Dan

Reaction score
Charlie, Originally you said that the shaft diameter of the bearings was 5/16" then you said that you were heading out to get 9/16" rods. Now you are saying to get 5/8" rods. I can buy 3 foot sections of 5/8" rods at Lowes but how will they fit into the bearings if the diameter is only 5/16"?
Confused in Staunton

cyberdigger

Reaction score
..fractions never was my specialty.. the shaft diameter is definitely 9/16".. sorry about that![:(] ..I typed wrong on the first page where I said 5/16.. anyway soon you'll have them!

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Gary, got your check today.. I'll bank it tomorrow and probably on Tuesday I'll make the donation in your name.. thanks again!!!
Dan: I'm really sorry about the confusing measurement flubs.. too bad spellcheck doesn't catch that stuff!... 9/16 ..9/16 ..9/16... getting the hang of this, now![;)]

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Hi Gary.. your donation was officially made on Tuesday.. still waiting to hear back from Roger.. hope he didn't go gambling with it![:D]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alatide