Two boxes of free bottles!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
Last summer I visited what was labeled as the General Store on an 1895 map in my town. The lady living there was quite friendly and showed me around, the first floor was in pretty good shape, with old shelves in one spot and two nice oak counters. The front of the building had big pane windows for displays, and was full of old soda bottles. They ranged from ACL to BIM, all were pretty nice. She was moving to a house set further back from the road that they were building, and said she'd call me when she started to do some cleaning.
Sure enough, I got a call a few days ago. She had two boxes of bottles she said I could have. I was over in a heartbeat and picked up the two boxes. For free bottles it was a pretty good selection. Sadly she was keeping all the soda bottles. I tossed a few, but there were plenty of keepers. Included were two ABM cobalt Chemical Industrial Co. R. DeAngelis Providence, RI, which are great window bottles, not to mention from my state! I also got a nice American Bottling Corp. Providence, The Wilcox Co. Providence, Gladstone Springs Bottling Co. Narragansett Pier, RI, two Carter's cones, an applied lip Hood's Sarsaparilla, Drs. J.A. F.E. Greene, Davis Painkiller, Mrs. Winslow's Soothing Syrup, Carbona, Dr. Hubbard's Disinfectant, Dr. S.A. Tuttle, Dr. S.S. Fitch & Son NY, Burnett Boston, McCormick Co. Baltimore, Larkin Co., Purogen, and and Ingram's Shaving Cream. There was a Sloan's Liniment, which is very common, but I have never seen embossing so bold. There was also a great E.L. Washburn Co. New Haven Ct. druggist that was badly damaged. I'd estimate $70 worth on the low side.

4579480119_a3d96d5bf5.jpg

4579480361_b678bf920c.jpg

The two Chemical Industrial bottles brought my total to five. They make a nice lineup.
4580114110_d451c5f43b.jpg

Plumbata

Reaction score
SCORE!

Nice work Taylor, i guess slogging through dumps and being an all around good dude tips the karmic balances on your side. Those cobalt chemical bottles look awesome, were they competitors of Bromo-Seltzer or is the resemblance just coincidental? Are they blown?

RIBottleguy

Reaction score
Hey Stephen,
I don't think they were competitors, they never made any small sizes, and sold different products as far as I know. The one on the right is blown, the more common ones are ABM, although the center one has peened out shoulder embossing making it an uncommon variant.

Lordbud

Reaction score
Great story! Man, if only I had one like that to tell.[;)]

marjorie040

Reaction score
Hello RIBottleguy,

If I were that woman, I'd be thrilled to get a small Mother's Day bouquet from you as a thank you! hint hint....
Regards,

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday