two sided soda bottle?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

coreya

Reaction score
Found these at an estate sale that was picked over pretty good but could'nt resist these two, The two sided bottle is european but I have never seen one like it and any info would be appreciated. It has the following on one side "Inhalt Gostrrwen soda wasser aigner ??polosxirche austria" not sure of the first and last letters in some of the words as the embossing is weak. On the other side "vin aqua". The decanter I got just because its red and is or appears to be a wheaton or some such but no markings on base and blank on other side. The soda is 8 inches tall and the decanter is 11 inches. these were 2 bucks each!

100_1435.jpg

100_1438.jpg

100_1437.jpg

100_1441.jpg

100_1439.jpg

100_1443.jpg

coreya

Reaction score
Ok after 12 hrs of research found this on the two sided bottle, It truly is one strange looking bottle!!!

This rare double bottle is 7" high and comes from Austria. It was used many years ago for bottling mixed drinks. It was a great idea, but manufacturing the bottles cost much more than the contents, so they were only made for a short time. The German text on the bottle says that it contained mineral water and Austrian wine produced by the Aigner Brewery and Bottling Company of Gumpoldskirchen. The actual text reads: "Inhalt österrWein; Sodawasser. Aigner, Gumpoldskirchen, Austria 0.125l 6" On the opposite side, "Vin Aqua 0.125l."

jayclacton

Reaction score
Hi Im new to site but stumbled upon your forum.. I have an original of this bottle intact with contents. I would like to find out more details including value if anybody can help.. Many Thanks jay

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey Jay,

Welcome and thanks for the spritzer news. I see you have it posted OVER HERE, as well

ORIGINAL: jayclacton

I was given this red wine / soda spritzer bottle from an ex serviceman who bought it back from Austria after WWII. Can anybody give me any further information including a value please. Many Thanks Jay

DF9CAD31C0754122BCBD82E75284435B.jpg

I'm not too up on Austrian spritzers. It is a nice novelty bottle, perhaps you could post additional views of the highlights.

bottle5.jpg
"A Rare Bottle From Austria $10

This rare double bottle is 7" high and comes from Austria. It was used many years ago for bottling mixed drinks. It was a great idea, but manufacturing the bottles cost much more than the contents, so they were only made for a short time. The German text on the bottle says that it contained mineral water and Austrian wine produced by the Aigner Brewery and Bottling Company of Gumpoldskirchen. The actual text reads: "Inhalt 1/8l österr. Wein; 1/8l Sodawasser. Aigner, Gumpoldskirchen, Austria 0.125l 6" On the opposite side, "Vin Aqua 0.125l." A great addition to your bottle collection" From.

They're, apparently, still in BUSINESS.

120130_Bier_Aigner.jpg

jayclacton

Reaction score
It has the same wording / embossed as per coreya posting, vin aqua etc.. I have a couple more pics but with the red wine in you can't see the writing very clearly at all. Just thought it might be quite rare with contents intact.. Unfortunately the cap is a little rusty with no logo or writing visible.. Thanks for reply. jay

Latest posts

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alatide