Two tubular pontil umbrella inks

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

saratogadriver

Reaction score
I'd say the green one could be anywhere from NY to Baltimore. I'd put the pink/puce one at either South Jersey or a Baltimore glassworks, with my money on Baltimore.

Colored umbrellas are hot on ebay right now. I'd say MINIMUM $300 for the green one, likely more. The other one, god knows. I can't imagine it going out the door for less than $1500, unless it's a slow auction. Two buyers who want that ink badly? $2K or more wouldn't be outside the realm of possibility.

Two really nice inks. And inks are my area of collection...

Jim G

saratogadriver

Reaction score
Figured colors like these would have come from somewhere south of New England or the mid-west.

The puce has a sticker on the bottom, says it sold in 1993 for somewhere in the thousand dollar range (forgot the exact price on it). Does that sound right for '93?

What auction is on the label? Someone with the auction catalogues can then confirm that it sold in that auction and for how much. A known collection, like Covill or Watt White, adds to the value.

Jim G

RJ2

Reaction score
One quite similar to the very nice green one is running right now on Heckler's online auction.
The Auction does not close until March 15, and it's already seeing good interest.

Link to lot #16: http://www.hecklerauction.com/auctions/133/view/?lot=16

Congrats, I never find nice inks like those around here.
RJ

RJ2

Reaction score
The more I think about it, and research it, I'm with saratogadiver on the puce ink.
That is a very very very very special bottle. It might just be extremely rare in that color, and highly desirable among high end collectors.
As said above, and I can guarantee you more than two buyers will fight with deep wallets to own this beauty,

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583