Two whiskey day.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Macaco

Reaction score
2find4me said:
I guess you've probably seen this: EBAYIt is a highly sought after Western Whisky, they are something you only dream of owning, much less digging it out of the ground in that condition!!!!
I did see that Ebay page. After looking at the pictures for the auction I'm pretty sure my bottle is better than that one.

solitarycanary

Reaction score
in a bottle of this age, the embossing was made by inserting a metal plate inside the mold. On the third photo, I see a mold seem, very faint, then i see that other line that runs through the neck. I wonder if that the outline of the metal plate, and the plate was made to fill one half of the entire mold? Perhaps the gaffer did not fire polish this away, like they usually did? I date it to around the 1870s.

andy volkerts

Reaction score
[/quote]
Macaco said:
2find4me said:
I guess you've probably seen this: EBAYIt is a highly sought after Western Whisky, they are something you only dream of owning, much less digging it out of the ground in that condition!!!!
I did see that Ebay page. After looking at the pictures for the auction I'm pretty sure my bottle is better than that one.

You do have to admire the temerity of the putz that offered the seller 200.00 dollars for a thousand dollar bottle, What a guy!!

westernglassaddict

Reaction score
The aqua Gold Dust's are scarce but not rare. This is a very nice example of this desirable fifth. The color looks rich, the embossing bold, and the condition appears excellent. Digging one is very special...congratulations! These sell in the $1500-$2500 range with the earlier amber versions bringing between $7000, and $12,000. The Gold Dusts are a collection in themselves with limitless colors from pure green to clear. There are about 35-40 aqua examples in collections. Nice bottle!

Lordbud

Reaction score
Incredible bottle! I knew a guy from Redwood City who also got one of these out of the bay mud along with some SF druggists located nearby Clay Street in the City. Congrats on the impressive find. The imperfection will only add to the crudity value.

Macaco

Reaction score
westernglassaddict said:
The aqua Gold Dust's are scarce but not rare. This is a very nice example of this desirable fifth. The color looks rich, the embossing bold, and the condition appears excellent. Digging one is very special...congratulations! These sell in the $1500-$2500 range with the earlier amber versions bringing between $7000, and $12,000. The Gold Dusts are a collection in themselves with limitless colors from pure green to clear. There are about 35-40 aqua examples in collections. Nice bottle!

Thank you Dale, I went to your website. I like it. Steve

Macaco

Reaction score
Lordbud said:
Incredible bottle! I knew a guy from Redwood City who also got one of these out of the bay mud along with some SF druggists located nearby Clay Street in the City. Congrats on the impressive find. The imperfection will only add to the crudity value.
Thanks Jason, SF Bay mud is good stuff! Well, it has good stuff in it anyway. Steve

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26