U-NeeK Brand Motor Oil Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

khkirk

Reaction score
Any information about this bottle? I found it in an old barn in NJ. Below the third ring at the neck is reads: ONE LIQUID QUART on one side and FILLED TO LINE on the other with an arrow pointing upward over each set of words. In the middle of the bottle is a circle with U-NeeK BRAND on two lines and toward the bottom directly under that are four lines of text reading SEALED BY THE UNIQUE OIL CO. GUARANTEED DELIVERY ONE QUART

The bottle is 14-1/2 inches tall and is 1-1/4" across the top and 3" across the bottom.

Thank you,
khkirk

Ax73020.jpg

Attachments

• Ax73020.jpg
    Ax73020.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 138

Bottleman

Reaction score
I am not an oil bottle collector but i have dug a few in the past. They were all tall and skinny like yours but had different names. There are a lot of collectors out there for them and depending on the name it may very well be worth up to $50.

~~Tom

oldshoe4u

Reaction score
I just sold an un-embossed oone two weeks ago for $35.00 it was six sided clear glass about 16" tall and kind of ugly.[;)] I think yours is a pretty good find.

khkirk

Reaction score
Thank you Bob and Tom. So, would putting it up on eBay be the best approach?

Bottleman

Reaction score
Yes, eBay is the best place to sell it. Thats where i sold my Shell oil bottle and got $70 for it. You may want to check and see if there are others on there too and see how much they are going for.

~~Tom

oldshoe4u

Reaction score
I too agree with Tom do your homework by watching to see what similar bottles are going for and then youll know what to expect. I sell to a general dealer with no real specialty for these bottles. E-bay is viewed by plenty of collectors and with the proper description for key-word searches they'll be sure to spot it and youll get top dollar..[:D]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75