Udolpho Wolfe's Schiedam

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Leasacks

Reaction score
Hello Everyone!

I have a question about my Udolpho Wolf'e Schiedam Aromatic Schnapps bottle. I'm afraid to find out the answer but the short of this story is my bottle has 4 sides. Everywhere I see one the embossing on the sides go like this:
1. Udolpho Wolfes
2. Schiedam
3. Aromatic Schnapps
4. blank

Mine goes like this:
1. Udolpho Wolfe's Schiedam
2. Aromatic Schnapps
3. this bottle always remains the property of M. Moss & Co. Limited
4. no embossing.

What's the word. I never see it anywhere like mine. Maybe a more recent bottle? Fake? ONE OF A KIND[8D !!!

tigue710

Reaction score
It's a later turn of the century Austrailian or New Zealand variant... There are tons of different wolfes out there in mold variations alone...

KBbottles

Reaction score
Since were on the topic of Wolfes, are any of the variants produced in the U.S.? Ive always been intrigued by the Array of colors, size, amd variation.

tigue710

Reaction score
Quite a few if not most were made here, from what I can gather only some very early examples and then much later examples were made over seas, at least for the one that made it here... It seems wolfes schnapps was sort of like a franchise, where you kind of bought rights to bottle the product... They had multiple agents and a plethora of proprietors putting it up, all using different glass houses in the USA to make bottles for our market in the early days...

Leasacks

Reaction score
Wow that seems like a lot of research just to find out about my bottle. I definitely think it isn't really old. Thanks for all the input!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdahlem