UNDERGROUND DIG ALERT !

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Leisalu

Reaction score
I just read one of the post about a probe and thought I would like to pass on a good piece of advise for other diggers. Most of the time in my pursuit of bottles I'm digging on lots within a city with owner permission. Almost ever city lot will have underground utilities. Gas, water, electric, cable, telephone, sewer, etc. You should ALWAYS be aware that these utilities exist on city lots and rural areas too. In 35 years of digging I've managed to find and break three different water lines while probing. I know others who have punched holes in gas and electric lines also. In California and I believe the rest of the US there's a underground service alert phone number you can call toll free. The utilities companies will come out within a few days and mark all the underground service lines free of charge. Not very practical on many digs but occasionally we use my backhoe for big dig projects where it's a must. If you do break a line it's likely you will be liable for what ever damage or losses you may cause. Using the "USA DIG ALERT" may free you from such liability and can save you a ton of headaches, personal injury and damage to an owners property.

Om33011.jpg

Attachments

• Om33011.jpg
    Om33011.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 85

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member