University of Maryland Milk Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Skycollect

Reaction score
My wife is a grad student in animal sciences at the University of Maryland. I heard the old milk bottles from there are really neat and would like to get her one for a gift. I would like to know if anyone has any information on them or has one for sale.

Thanks!

hannahevan

Reaction score
I dug one last week it is damaged but still cool,quarts usually sell for over $100 easy http://www.ebay.com/itm/321138188271?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

bostaurus

Reaction score
The Naval Academy at Annapolis had their own dairy ...I think it started around the time of the first World War to insure they were getting quality milk. It was out by us when we lived at Ft. Meade. I believe they closed it shortly after we transferred from there in the mid-late 90's. Probably every school kid within 30 miles had been to the diary on a school trip. I know a lot of developers were drooling at the thought of that 800 acre property coming on the market. Fortunately it was taken over by the Anne Arundel County Parks and Recreation and turned into one of the largest organic farms in the area and open to the public. Many of the original buildings can be rented. Good move for a county that is developing so fast.

I always wondered if they ever had embossed milk bottles from the Naval Academy Dairy?

hannahevan

Reaction score
They do, they say United States Naval Academy Annapolis Md with Embossed anchor in center of plate,there is also a milk with just an embossed anchor which is also apparantly connected as well,i can't imagine who else's would use it.I have a pint with just the embossed anchor that was dug locally last year.I also know someone who has the other for sale,i believe they want 250-300 for it.I have seen both versions in the last few months on Ebay as well, both were over $100.

bostaurus

Reaction score
Well, just for a fun piece, I think I will pass for those prices. Nice to know though. Not sure if the Military Academy had a dairy. I am sure the Air Force did not as it was established so late (compared to the other two).

Naveed123

Reaction score
[:mad:][:mad:] hi i want to tell u this post is wonderful and nice

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles