Unknown places

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Patagoniandigger

Reaction score
After hours finally I discovered this dump.
Old Palermo.jpg

This is not a whole dump because the river took most of it before I got to it. Lol Anyway picket up the two litre beers that date about 1900. The brown broken has an H and other smaller H on the opposite base's side. This mark is new to me.
The crown caps have nothing to do with these antique bottles.
Near that point went across another dump.
Its a whole dump I date early 1920. Mostly beers and malts.
Old Palermo Palermo .jpg

Next day staff:
Palermo  Arrival.jpg

More cork litre, smaller crown beers and malts, a spark plug , a piece of a SCOTT'S EMULSION,
Palermo Fisherman.jpg
another beer? [
with only a namber on the weel
Palermo 1099.jpg
and some staff from other place.
The next morning I began early my dig in the same place...
Palermo .jpg

That barrel became a gift for a collector I unexpectedly knew over there.
Gift  .jpg

Time to get back home
To be continued..Al

hemihampton

Reaction score
The one broken shard with the picture of the guy on it sure looks like a Pikes Peak or For Pikes Peak Flask, I'm very familiar with those & sure looks like one. LEON.

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
The one broken shard with the picture of the guy on it sure looks like a Pikes Peak or For Pikes Peak Flask, I'm very familiar with those & sure looks like one. LEON.
That's the base to a Scott's Emulsion. Pretty similar figure to the Pike's Peak guy, but the Scott's guy is holding a huge fish. It'd be quite something to find a Pike's Peak flask in South America!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Is that a Hesperidina barrel bottle?
Attached are a couple ads/label and a lead seal attributed to one.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1584399851289.jpg
    FB_IMG_1584399851289.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 191
  • FB_IMG_1584399856898.jpg
    FB_IMG_1584399856898.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 190
  • FB_IMG_1584399866332.jpg
    FB_IMG_1584399866332.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 201

hemihampton

Reaction score
That's the base to a Scott's Emulsion. Pretty similar figure to the Pike's Peak guy, but the Scott's guy is holding a huge fish. It'd be quite something to find a Pike's Peak flask in South America!

I'm more Familiar with the Pikes Peak then Scotts Emulsion. That Guy could be his Twin Brother. I'm pretty sure I've dug those Scotts emulsions before & don't remember that guy on the bottom. LEON.
PikesPeakhalfPint.JPG

Last edited:

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I'm not sure if all the Scott's bottles have the guy on them or not. I think he might not be on the earliest ones. He became more prominent on the bottles as time went on, and on the latest bottles he's the only thing embossed on the bottle.
1584413563959.png

nhpharm

Reaction score
I've had the Scott's with the man embossed on the base as well...definitely earlier than the front embossed ones. It's on the rectangular recessed panel bottles (but not all of them...I've seen it on maybe 1 of every 10 of the recessed panel bottles).

willong

Reaction score
Nice photos! It is interesting to see digs and results from other parts of the world.

When I first had occasional decent WIFI access, though not my own regular service, I remember seeing some websites that featured some stupendously large digs in very old municipal dumps in either Australia or New Zealand; and a similarly old, but very deep (as if in an abandoned mine shaft) dig in South Africa. Fantastic bottles were recovered, including a number of brands familiar to American diggers.

I haven't been able to relocate the sites since retirement and my daily access to the web, darn it! Maybe it's just as well--those pictures sure made me envious.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28