Unknown that got away......GRRRRRRRRRRR

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

epackage

Reaction score
My Paterson bottle Guru wasn't around until after this ended and I didn't know what to do about the price I should pay, I come to find out he's never even HEARD of this bottler...GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

zettel.jpg

Poison_Us

Reaction score
Unknowns of all kinds are found every so often. And we always hesitate. I have learned not to hesitate. If they aren't in any of my books, it's more than likely unlisted and I should go for it.....money permitting of course.

jays emporium

Reaction score
Jim, why did you need to ask? If you didn't have it why didn't you just buy it? Or was it a thousand dollars or something?

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: jays emporium

Jim, why did you need to ask?  If you didn't have it why didn't you just buy it?  Or was it a thousand dollars or something?
I didn't know if it was a $10 bottle that my guru might have in a box somewhere or a $200 bottle that nobody knew of. My guy has been digging Paterson bottles for 46 years so I always check with him first, I hate paying 20 times the value just to acquire a new bottle if I can avoid it[:D]

NYCFlasks

Reaction score
I subscribe to the "Snooze you lose" train of thought. Which I guess helps to explain why I can be very impulsive, just going with a "gut" feeling.
Yes, have over paid a few times, and yes, have picked some real serious sleepers too. I would say that over the decades, I am at worst even dollar wise, more likely ahead a good amount.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
There you have it, like Mark said.. shoot from the hip and learn your lesson bottle by bottle.. even if you had bought it and found out it's common and overpaid for it, Jim, you would forever remember the name "Ernest Zettel of Paterson" ..making you another bottle closer to being a guru yourself!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26