Unmarked Globe widemouth

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

georgeoj

Reaction score
I bought this jar at the Kalamazoo show. I had my eye on the marked lid since it is quite hard to find. The surprise came when I could not find the jar listed in Red Book. There are no identifying marks on the jar itself. It seems very likely that this was a product jar with a label. There are some bubbles and slight whittle so the lid will stay on and i will pass the jar on to a Globe collector. George

6FA590D262BE4CCDBFB75BF05EC58361.jpg

Attachments

• 6FA590D262BE4CCDBFB75BF05EC58361.jpg
    6FA590D262BE4CCDBFB75BF05EC58361.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 61

MNJars

Reaction score
GREAT jar! Can you see anywhere that might have previously been embossed "GLOBE" and was erased? It's clearly a Globe jar, I just wonder how they produced it without the embossing.

georgeoj

Reaction score
Now that you asked, I looked very closely and found that there is a trace where GLOBE was. It is very faint. There does not seem to be any deterioration in the mold so I have to guess that the obliterated lettering was intentional and not just the result of a plugged mold.

MNJars

Reaction score
That's great. Exactly what a Globe collector would want. Sounds like you should send Doug a note and you'll get a new Redbook number!

georgeoj

Reaction score
I do not think that will be necessary. I should have said in the first post that I bought the jar from Doug's table (he was off somewhere) but did not get a chance to talk to him about it.

I am glad that you brought the subject up.
The notification of the Red Book author about new discoveries is something that every collector should participate in. We all complain from time to time about not finding something in the book. It can not get into the book if Doug does not know about it.

If you have something that is not in the book just send him the info:
Douglas M. Leybourne, Jr.
P. O. Box 5417
North Muskegon, MI 49445

This is also the address for ordering a new Red Book 10.
The price is $40. and that includes postage.

Latest posts

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4