Unopened 1960's Pepsi With Wire In It.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ilikecoke

Reaction score
Hey folks. Well, I showed the bottle to my dad and he said he found it when it was delivered to one of my families grocery stores. It was either delivered to one of my grandfathers grocery stores or to my grandmothers restaurant, in Chattanooga. This is a pretty big defect, as the Pepsi has a large wire in it! It is certainly unique! Here is a link to the ebay auction on it.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=130614010305&index=4&nav=SEARCH&nid=54591438117

I thought some here would find it interesting.. it sat in a hot storage room over the restaurant kitchen for years and has lost just a bit of the contents.. It's really wild!

epackage

Reaction score
Hi Ilike...while your bottle sems very cool, collectible and of some value because of the story, there are dozens of bottles like this with things inside being sold on E-Bay everyday. Because people can buy bottle cappers and old caps, the ability to put something inside an old bottle, fill it with soda and then recap it and put it on the internet looking for some great payday is common. I'm not saying your's isn't the real deal, I''m saying it doesn't make much difference to collectors anymore because there are so many lying scumbuckets out there looking to take advantage.....Jim

LC

Reaction score
You have a point Jim . I know a guy that has filled and recapped many bottles and sold them to unsuspected buyer . I have capped quite a few myself over the years , but I have never put liquid in them , just matched up an original cap on the bottles .

I can't help but believe that this Gentleman is on the level , but then to , I have never considered something like that remarkable or worth any real money . But then too , there may be folks out there that do .

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: L C

You have a point Jim . I know a guy that has filled and recapped many bottles and sold them to unsuspected buyer . I have capped quite a few myself over the years , but I have never put liquid in them , just matched up an original cap on the bottles .

I can't help but believe that this Gentleman is on the level , but then to , I have never considered something like that remarkable or worth any real money . But then too , there may be folks out there that do .
I agree that his story sounds 100% true to me, the large number of deceivers are what hurts the value, if any, to bottles with items in them...

ilikecoke

Reaction score
I understand that forgers are out there, however, this bottle spent thirty years in my grandmothers bottle room, upstairs at our restaurant.. We have been in business 62 years.. A look @ the cap, and i know it is REAL.

ilikecoke

Reaction score
room above kitchen.... used to be full!

B398F22835A743BB84AA1D9BCBCDA8FA.jpg

Attachments

• B398F22835A743BB84AA1D9BCBCDA8FA.jpg
    B398F22835A743BB84AA1D9BCBCDA8FA.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 63

LC

Reaction score
We are not doubting your word at all , but as Jim said the deceivers out there make people leary of items such as this . I am sure that Jim as well as I hope you end up doing very well with it .

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: L C

We are not doubting your word at all , but as Jim said the deceivers out there make people leary of items such as this . I am sure that Jim as well as I hope you end up doing very well with it .
Agreed...not doubting you Ilike....good luck with it....jim

ilikecoke

Reaction score
not trying 2 b terse, but my keyboard on laptop just broke. Using on screen kb, tapping cursor for each letter ! yow!

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles