Use and Date of a P/C 'Jug'

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jchesley

Reaction score
Hi there-
Last fall, I began digging a garden in the far back yard of my house just off West Cliff Drive and Woodrow Ave in Santa Cruz, CA. I was about three feet down digging some roots out and came across about 20 bottles in various shapes/sizes (I also found old food cans that were so rusted out they fell apart when I picked them up). Some were totally in-tact, others were just pieces I found and taped together. I’ve spent a lot of time attempting to date them and looking up the history of this area of Santa Cruz. I even found a photo that shows part of our lot in 1927. At that time, there was nothing on this lot. So, I’m assuming that most of these bottles are from after that time. I was told that back in the day before garbage pick-up, people would designate various holes in the furthest part of the yard from their house and put their garbage in them. Please, if anyone knows anything about the history of the west side of Santa Cruz, let me know. But also, here’s one “jug†that I’m not even sure what its for…Apple Cider? It is about 7.5†tall. On the bottom, it says the following: “ 7†and a P/C†(which I know mean the pacific coast glass company). Just wondering if anyone could date it and tell me what it was used for. Thanks!

ECD2701C724A47FBA724EF2B457C7DA4.jpg

Attachments

• ECD2701C724A47FBA724EF2B457C7DA4.jpg
    ECD2701C724A47FBA724EF2B457C7DA4.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 44

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause