Veteran's day digs

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

blobbottlebob

Reaction score
Nice haul Rocky. It's hard to believe that the hutch was fused with a rusty chunk because it looks minty. In fact, all of them sparkle.

Lordbud

Reaction score
Hutches were made to last. All those bottles came out nice and clean; great finds!

rockbot

Reaction score
Hi Jim, thank you for the link and info. I see that the Crown Distilleries Co. was wide spread. Cool sign!

Hi Bob, muriatic acid is my friend. lol. The bottle top was stuck in the rust and still has a bit more to go. Also below the S in soda, that has some problems but other then that pretty good shape. This soda company made two types in the short variety and one tall hutch. The tall one has weak glass and does not hold up in the ground.

Hi Jason, yes you are correct. These short Hilo Hutches are hard to find but almost always intact when you do find them. We have a Union soda works hutch also and I've never found one broken either. Unlike our A.W.Hobson, short Pacific,High Test soda works hutches, they are almost always broken.

Aloha, Rocky

Clam

Reaction score
Hey Rocky, The little green stopper is for a Crown Perfumery bottle. It is a nice little bottle in a geat color so you should look for it or hold onto it to trade it later....... Greg

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Tony,...I tossed up a quick pick of mine....I dug this little guy in the 70's....Strange enough it had the stopper that's in it, was in it when I dug it....I never thought much about it being the incorrect stopper? Go figure. Joe

P.S. Way to go on the digs!....Nice bottles. J.B.

1DCCD94EC7C143BDA70C6F329870BB2D.jpg

This bottle says "London"....English product marketed in the states?

Attachments

• 1DCCD94EC7C143BDA70C6F329870BB2D.jpg
    1DCCD94EC7C143BDA70C6F329870BB2D.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 42

rockbot

Reaction score
Hi Joe, thanks for the reply. Good to see what the bottle is like. I didn't find any broken green glass so maybe its still in the pit.

Aloha, Rocky

Penn Digger

Reaction score
Rocky (Forum Class Act),

Nice job with the dig and posts. I have one of those crown bottles to go with your stopper if you do not find the bottle. Wouldn't mind sending it to you as you have been so generous to me. Let me know if you need/want it.

Best Regards,

PD

rockbot

Reaction score
Hi PD, I plan on finishing out the pit tomorrow. If it doesn't come out I would gladly except your offer.

Mahalo, Rocky

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen