Veterans sign in!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

LC

Reaction score
U.S. Army : Tank Commander : 2ND. Armored Division

capsoda

Reaction score
TSGT USAF Weapons, 63TFW, 15th & 16th SOS and ATC.

The family came over in the mid 1700s but I don't know where they stood during the Revolution but my GgG Grand dad, James Norton Monroe Peacock, was a Major in the Georgia Cavalry and fought in Richmond with Robert E. Lee. My GGG Grand Dad John Caan was trained in one of the camps at Pensacola, FL and listed as missing at Stone's River, Murfreesboro Tenn. and was never seen or heard from again. My Grand Dad was in the Army and fought with the AEF in France in WW1. Lost some cousins at Pearl Harbor and my Dad was in the Army in the CBI in WW2. My oldest brother, Benny Joe Peacock, was killed in Vietnam, my next oldest brother served during Vietnam in Thailand and one of my younger brothers was a Merchant Marine Academy graduate and made Watch Officer in the Merchant Marine.

ancientdigger69

Reaction score
ya know, my dad was passed over during nam for medical reasons. i was a weekend warrior. but, my one grandfather served under Patton in the 3rd army, and the other was 82nd airborne during WWII. Both served in major campaigns such as Normandy or D-Day. I miss them both and loved to hear the stories they had. if not for my dads dad meeting my grandmom in holland during the war, i wouldnt be here today. not all bad things happened during that war.

DREW

logueb

Reaction score
PFC Vietnam Era Vet

Father World war II Vet

Great Grandfather 57th Inf. Georgia Army of Tennessee Vet

capsoda

Reaction score
George Patton IV was my commander in the Blackhorse regiment. He looked a lot like his famous dad.

I had one of his grand nephews come through when I was a TI. I guess they all look a lot like the General.

The kid didn't want to be a hero. He just wanted to make his four before going to college.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuctionAnnie