visited by the railroad police

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

suzanne

Reaction score
Ever since stumbling upon an old railway battery bunker full of smashed battery jars I've developed a minor obsession with finding a battery jar in one piece. Yesterday I was trying to kill time in a small town by walking the tracks when I spied a battery bunker. It had many smashed jars but a few that are almost whole. I wasted no time retreiving the jars and shards and was so engrossed in this activity I did not notice the railroad police sitting there in his truck observing me.

When I finally glanced up I saw him and he wasn't wearing his happy face.

"Hi", I said, putting on my best smile. He did not respond. I pointed to the obvious. "Battery jars!", I said. He didn't reply. I realized I was dealing with hardened cinical railroad police, so I resorted to impassioned begging for the jars. "OK", he said. "But don't get hurt on our property. It's our biggest liability." "Oh, I won't! The train already went by", I replied enthusiastically. He looked at me a little more skeptically it seemed. I prayed he wouldn't notice my cut up hands from the broken glass. I knew that if I pulled a dumb-ass move like hiding them behind my back I would only call more attention to myself.

Now I have 3 almost whole jars on the table. I have to go back and get the rest of the shards.

BellwoodBoys

Reaction score
those railroad police men are harsh, I explore old railways with friends and whenever I go my dad (who is a railroad expert) tells me that railroad police set up cameras and watch you.

Bottles r LEET

Reaction score
I hear RR police are pretty strict...

3C0A1093FB314F638A36E2044E1997B3.jpg

Attachments

• 3C0A1093FB314F638A36E2044E1997B3.jpg
    3C0A1093FB314F638A36E2044E1997B3.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 45

kastoo

Reaction score
Yea used to be a day where you could walk the tracks all you wanted but not now...sucks...all those lamers suing the RR when it was their fault....tsk tsk

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
Hey Suzanne - at least you weren't climbing or cutting down poles for the insulators. [8|]
I guess you jinxed yourself, huh? I guess you could have told them you were doing volunteer community service since the railroad company didn't have the time or manpower![:D]

LC

Reaction score
I grew up in a railroad town , and never did see anyone pertaining to a railroad cop . There were a couple of guys that would roughly jerk me out of the locomotives sitting on the sidings when they would catch me though !

suzanne

Reaction score
The community service idea is good. I just need to find an orange mesh vest so I can attain the look.

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
This song is overplayed on my local stations, but it struck home today pretty hard for some reason.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D59ZWa8ehgI&feature=related

And Suzanne - good luck standing out to blend in!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson