visited by the railroad police

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wangan

Reaction score
Sounds like its time for night maneuvers.Get some cheap generation1 night vision goggles.I bet they dont sit around there all night.

VTdigger

Reaction score
I have never been bothered by any type of law enforcement while on a dig/search, though I know it's likely to happen someday, the town reports contain information of calls the police handled, quite a bit of them are labeled "suspicious person." I did get questioned one time while walking the river up by a garage ( I was only up by the garage land for a few seconds avoiding the pricker bushes.) the guy just asked what I was doing there, I told him looking for bottles, he said as long as I stay by the river there won't be a problem. I haven't been back to that particular river spot since than, mostly because I didn't see any signs of anything anyway. He didn't give me any trouble though, he left once I told him what I was doing down there I just never go there.

splante

Reaction score
these battery jars never heard of them, are they scattered along the tracks or were they dumped in certain ares as which it seems your saying?

RICKJJ59W

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: kastoo

Yea used to be a day where you could walk the tracks all you wanted but not now...sucks...all those lamers suing the RR when it was their fault....tsk tsk

I lived on the tracks as a kid. The rails were right behind our house growing up.We had fun putting stuff on the tracks,penny's,bricks,packs of matches ect ahhhhh the good ole daze [8D]

suzanne

Reaction score
Ahh, the good old days when Rick was out there derailing trains.
Battery jars are in round concrete bunkers set in the ground in rural areas along tracks. Usually they are smashed to smithereens.

Privydigger has a picture of a battery jar in an attachment, see above. There are many different types.

Railroad battery jars are very big with very thick irregular glass. They date from 1911. Maybe when I can get one together I'll post a picture. I couldn't find the resin yesterday. Oh, bitter dissapointment! I was wondering, is there something called hextl or hexall to fix glass with?

suzanne

Reaction score
I did buy one but it's nowhere near as cool as the ones I found. It's a newer model with a lot of etching in the glass from being buried. Being a newer bottle, the glass doesn't have the cool irregularities.

ajohn

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: suzanne

I did buy one but it's nowhere near as cool as the ones I found. It's a newer model with a lot of etching in the glass from being buried. Being a newer bottle, the glass doesn't have the cool irregularities.
Atta girl,stick to yer guns 'ol Suzanne

Poison_Us

Reaction score
My friend Robert and I used to buy a case of whatever, drive out to a remote area along the tracks at night and have some fun. Of course, that's when we were underage...before we could just go to the bar. Was either that or just hang out in his garage...but we liked the tracks..

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson