W A N T E D Conway, Arkansas

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Forgot, over 550 Hutches from Michigan. Spirit Bears state. LEON.

Dean

Reaction score
So why was he knocking Arkansas? For no reason! I actually have had some Michigan bottles and still do. You should never start something that you can't handle or finish-JUST GO!!! Did he think that bottle that he pictured was found diving off the Arkansas coast Crap like this is why I left this forum for 5 years because people don't realize it is for bottle collecting and advancement of the hobby. I can be gone again because this part I didn't miss at all. I know several of you and you're great people, but it only takes one bad apple to spoil the whole barrel. I can name several different collectors that have had problems like this that are no longer on here. Have a great day,Dean

botlguy

Reaction score
Dean, please do not get upset. This member has been here awhile and admits he has an anger management problem, it's HIS problem, not yours. This sort of thing happens rarely so please let it go.Your response to my inquiry about little 1/2 ounce Pharmacy bottles is the only one I've gotten and I have not been all that successful in dealing / trading with many members. I'm REALLY glad to have you here, hoping we can keep the trading going.For the rest of us, this should be a good example of why we need to re-read our offerings before we post them. Jim

Dean

Reaction score
Jim, I agree with you completely and I'm waiting to see what you have available. I'm sure we can work something out. I've had very few problems with trades on here in the past and have given some of the younger collectors bottles over the years. It really is a thrill when you meet them at a bottle show for the first time. I attend about 3 shows a year including the national. Already have reservations for Jackson and the national at Chattanooga. Have a Very Happy New Year,Dean

MuddyMO

Reaction score
Dean,
Arkansas bottles are a hard one to find, besides feebay and within Arkansas. Your post led me to find all kinds of new bottles and hutches that I never knew existed. Don't even have a medicine from there in the midst of the "collection", and I'm north in Missouri!

The second part of this post has nothing to do with sides, or fighting. Spiritbear had taken a stance against your sarcastic (? I assume it was!) post which can be interpreted by us less fortunate as: does anyone have this small town from this uncommon state. He compared his statement with North Dakota, which is a state of very uncommon (thus sometimes, high dollar) bottles. It would be the same thing as me asking for Franklin, MO bottles, which is a teeny tiny town washed away by the Muddy Missouri river. It's a local interest, that only maybe another living soul gives half a crap about. I didn't interpret any jabs at you, Arkansas, bottles, or Jesus. I think it was an honest rebuttal to a funny request of yours, and a quick attempt to help find ya a bottle. It happens. Writing online, sarcasm gets lost, moods are assumed, and the only way to defend decency is writing how you feel. You can be reading all this and think, "why is this anus still writing". Well, ultimately, because there's at least one person who wants to see a contributing member continue to stay here. You collect uncommon bottles from a rich natural state, full of history, geological wonders, and a state that's near it all!
-Mr. Muddy Bottom

Dean

Reaction score
Mr. Muddy,I have made contacts with collectors in Montana on this forum in the past that were able to trade me bottles that I asked for. They (bottles) have legs and walk around all over the country. I admit that rarely is an Arkansas bottle found in the East; mostly they were transported West. The only way to find your bottle on this forum is to ask. Who needs the other crap? As far as being an uncommon state (funny) and comparing to North Dakota; I also have some rather nice North Dakota bottles and I can't help it if I have collected for over 50 years and he hasn't. If all of the bottles that I collected were laying in the street, I wouldn't have much need for them. Oh, yes, I have a few Missouri bottles too as I'm just south of Branson. Have a great day,Dean

hemihampton

Reaction score
I was just answering your curiosity question, No insult or harm intended. I don't think Spirit bear meant any harm or insult either, he's a good kid. LEON.

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Hello Dean, I once dug a pharmacy bottle ca 1885-90 from Little Rock here in an outhouse in Sacramento, so I am very familiar with how bottles can wander all over this big country. In fifty years of bottle digging and hunting here in California the only states that I haven't found a bottle from is Florida, Conneticut, Iowa, and Virginia. That's just by going by city names and such, there might have been one from those states but you cant prove it by what is on the bottle. Sorry but nothing from Conway either.......Andy

Dean

Reaction score
Hello Andy, I haven't dug any California bottles around here but have dug several from Colorado, Kansas and Oklahoma as they were along the Arkansas River and floated down I don't expect everyone to have any Conway bottles, but now I know. I do have a couple bottles from your area and a cure that you might have an interest in. I also have included a picture of an unusual painted label soda from my collection; Dream of California bottled by Dream Bottling Co. Conway, Ark. Stockton , Cure and Owl from Chicago - San Francisco Thanks and a very Happy New Year, Dean

Attachments

• c8485cf3a1a74e9e8a98a5ee4d99349f.jpg
    c8485cf3a1a74e9e8a98a5ee4d99349f.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 71
  • e5d4f6f967f5489bbb12354a12f4f358.jpg
    e5d4f6f967f5489bbb12354a12f4f358.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 63

andy volkerts

Reaction score
Dean. That Dream bottle is pretty cool!! By the way, That Stockton drug bottle (citrate) in green is fairly valuable, in good shape they go for more than $110.00 around here. the owl soda is better in a blob rather than the crown, you can get a whole rainbow of colors in them..Take care & a happy New Year to you too....Andy

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter