W A N T E D Conway, Arkansas

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
andy volkerts said:
Hello Dean, I once dug a pharmacy bottle ca 1885-90 from Little Rock here in an outhouse in Sacramento, so I am very familiar with how bottles can wander all over this big country. In fifty years of bottle digging and hunting here in California the only states that I haven't found a bottle from is Florida, Conneticut, Iowa, and Virginia. That's just by going by city names and such, there might have been one from those states but you cant prove it by what is on the bottle. Sorry but nothing from Conway either.......Andy
Does that include Alaska and Hawaii? I've always thought it would be cool to get a collection of bottles from all the US states but ones from those two always exceed my price range. A bottle from every Canadian province and territory is pretty much impossible; I only know of one North-West Territories bottle (a hutch) and it sells for over a thousand dollars, and Nunavut didn't come into existence until 1999. And I have pretty strong doubts about any bottles coming from the area that would later become Nunavut. Even today there isn't too much up there.

Dean

Reaction score
If Nunavut is any worse than Moosonee, Ont., its bad.I've been there at the end of the Polar Bear Express train route. Very little there.Actually, I love parts of Canada as I have vacationed or visited 7 different providences.Only have bottles from B.C, N.B. and Ontario

Attachments

• dd40411e937b4e5ab0c2655926763af5.jpg
    dd40411e937b4e5ab0c2655926763af5.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 65

Dean

Reaction score
If you get a chance to visit Nova Scotia, stop by the Museum of Industry as they have a nice collection of their local bottles. The best I've seen in Canada. Have a great day, Dean

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
I'd take Moosonee over Nunavut any day, at least Moosonee has trees. Nunavut's capital city isn't much larger than Moosonee and the entire territory has about half the population of Conway (Wikipedia is a useful thing). Wow, you've got more BC tooled lip druggists than I do and I used to live there! Actually never found a tooled lip druggist in my price range when I was living there, there are so many BC bottle collectors that they drive prices of anything tooled lip and embossed up a lot more than in most other places.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter