Walking Dog Off Leash - Taserable Offense

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

carobran

Reaction score
Seema like some of you just want cops to carry around a potato shooter.[8|]

surfaceone

Reaction score
You talkin to me, kid?

A good Potato shooter has it's place, probably not in the arsenal of any Law Enforcement Agency. I've not seen anyone advocate those, save you. [8D]

Potato1.jpg

I like shooting as much as any shooter. I don't have any Tasers in my digging bag. I think that if I had been trained in the use of these "semi-lethal" heart stoppers, and licensed to carry one, I would not be zapping any educational contact opportunities into any gray haired, mutt loving, off leashers. But you'd never catch me being some unnamed Park Rangerette with a Shoot First approach either.

Did you ever see one of those kid leashes?
polls_Kid_Leashes_5239_757219_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg
Pretty good idea, right?

child-dragged-verizon.jpg

carobran

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: surfaceone

You talkin to me, kid?

A good Potato shooter has it's place, probably not in the arsenal of any Law Enforcement Agency. I've not seen anyone advocate those, save you. [8D]

Potato1.jpg

I like shooting as much as any shooter. I don't have any Tasers in my digging bag. I think that if I had been trained in the use of these "semi-lethal" heart stoppers, and licensed to carry one, I would not be zapping any educational contact opportunities into any gray haired, mutt loving, off leashers. But you'd never catch me being some unnamed Park Rangerette with a Shoot First approach either.

Did you ever see one of those kid leashes?
polls_Kid_Leashes_5239_757219_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg
Pretty good idea, right?

child-dragged-verizon.jpg
I gotta get one of them things.Maybe i could shoot one through a car grill and make french fries.[8D]

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)

Tasered-Dog-Walker.png
From.

Much better picture of the Dangerous Dog Walker.

His attorney is gonna have a field day.

"An online National Park Service manual says rangers may use force only to defend themselves or others, to make an arrest, to control resisting, threatening or violent suspects, or to disperse a threatening crowd.

Specific policies regarding the use of guns and electric shock weapons are redacted from the online manuals." From.

Bulliten__.bmp

"This is not the first instance in which a Taser has been used by an eco-enforcement ranger in California.

Two years ago, Chico, California resident Jeff Newman, a former National Forest Service employee, was threatened with a Taser on his own property by ark Ranger Paul Zohovetz, who had materialized on Newman’s doorstep in full battle array. Zohovetz had traveled more than fifty miles to threaten Newman with a citation for posting a commercial flier on a bulletin board in the Lassen National Forest.

Newman commanded the armed intruder to leave his property. Zohovetz, who had already committed criminal trespass, compounded the offense by committing felonious assault with a deadly weapon by pointing his Taser at the man’s face and neck. Newman retreated inside his house and called a friend; after trying and failing to kick in the front door, Zohovetz called for backup from the local police department.

Once his friend had arrived, Newman emerged from the house, only to be handcuffed and dragged away. Newman, a diabetic, had not taken insulin, and went into convulsions. Satisfied that he’d made whatever point he sought to make, Zohovetz released Newman and told him that he was only issuing a “warning†regarding the flier. He also issued a citation for “threatening an officer,†a charge that carried a six month jail sentence and a $5,000 fine.

When the case went to trial in March 2011, U.S. District Court Magistrate Craig M. Kellison ruled that Zohovetz “had no right to remain on Newman’s property once he had been ordered to leave.†He also cited a Supreme Court precedent acknowledging that the “freedom of individuals verbally to oppose or challenge police action without thereby risking arrest is one of the principal characteristics by which we distinguish a free nation from a police state.â€

Forest Service spokesman John Heil had insisted that Zohovetz behaved appropriately by driving 50 miles to issue a “warning†and then needlessly escalating a trivial matter into a life-threatening confrontation. In similar fashion, National Park Service spokesman Howard Levitt maintained that the still-unidentified ranger who attacked Hesterberg with a deadly weapon conducted herself appropriately as part of an effort to “educate residents†about the new dog leash requirement, reported the San Francisco Chronicle.

The day is coming when bureaucrats who presume to “educate†inoffensive, law-abiding citizens through electro-shock abuse are going to be taught a few unpleasant lessons of their own." From.

Land-of-the-Free.jpg

Surf,...This is a topic that I have strong feelings about. We have (some) over-zealous State Park police and game wardens that do not seem to be able to discern (or care to) between normal folk and troublesome louts. The game wardens "patrol" private (Big oil and timber) holdings, which span hundreds of thousands of wooded acres, Resorting to such ridiculous measures as feigning injury or a break down to get the offending Grandpa, out picking blackberries on his fourwheeler, or whoever, to stop,... preying on their good nature or sympathies.... Then pounce, writing the puzzled and angry offender a steep ticket....They also seem to mentally justify "bumping" kids on dirt bikes w/ their patrol car bumpers to stop them...this has resulted in many extreme scenarios...It seems as though all perspective and common sense has been shelved in favor of heavy handed tactics which are justified by a technicality....Our national forest and nearby state parks are touted as "the land of many uses" but it seems ironic to me that huge log skidders and a staggering array of oil and gas equipment operates relatively unbothered while most groups persuing recreation are scrutinized and harrassed! I've bypassed most of my younger pursuits (off road motorcycles and snowmobiling)...In favor of my backpack and "hiking stick" (Potato rake with removable head)[:)]...where I can melt into the woods or just plead hiking if I am bothered...I'm sure someday soon, I'll have a run in doing this as well. Remember, this area I speak of is a rural, low population, low traffic area, not known for it's major crime. Please excuse my rant.. I'm sure I could have described my quiet outrage a bit better. Being a kid during the 60's and 70's was great, but makes it tough to live in an overly fussy and hyper regulated new millineum.

carobran

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: JOETHECROW

They also seem to mentally justify "bumping" kids on dirt bikes w/ their patrol car bumpers to stop them
What were the kids doing?There was a man at Sonic here who was was the victim of an attemted robbery,the criminal ran across the road to the Sun Flower parking lot where the victim knocked him down with his truck.Wish there were more people like him, not afraid to take action when its needed.

surfaceone

Reaction score
crappyforcelightning-1.jpg

Hey Joe,

I hear you, sir, and am pleased to say I've yet to see a librarian packing a Taser. Though God, and the Dewey Decimal System know they'd use em wisely.

That whole "multi use" philosophy of the USFS is seemingly at their sole discretion. With the expansion of government agencies and government unions, the fiefdoms of the USFS / BLM / et al. are welcoming you, the user, with reams of new regulations. Tickets and fines that redefine taxation without representation, delivered with a smarmily superior attitude that just makes you wanna deploy the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch....

holy_hand_grenade.jpg

rockbot

Reaction score
Hey Surf, that map is scaring me.

We just got through a large protest yesterday over at our DLNR office. Me about about 60 other hunters showed up. Soon we will have no use for our guns as the Government is pushing forward with plans to eradicate all game mammals. We are going to be charged 10 cents per grocery bag to the sum of $20 million a year to fund it.

Govt gone wild I tell you![:mad:]

surfaceone

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: rockbot

Hey Surf, that map is scaring me.

We just got through a large protest yesterday over at our DLNR office. Me about about 60 other hunters showed up. Soon we will have no use for our guns as the Government is pushing forward with plans to eradicate all game mammals. We are going to be charged 10 cents per grocery bag to the sum of $20 million a year to fund it.

Govt gone wild I tell you![:mad:]

No foolin, Tony,

What dey up to now? Are they gonna have some sorta "prescribed" Gov.Hunt? They can't eradicate them sheep, by their very own rules, I think.

Plastic or Paper eh? Not even a "sin" tax. Holy Reverend Wright, did you see Mr. Obama's Jesus is for Taxing speech the other day? It's getting positively surreal.

Or Attorney General Holder's kabuki dance around the Fast & Furious disaster?
eric_holder.jpg

These guys need to be outstalled in November, sooner, in Mr.Holder's case.

cma_image1.jpg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28