Walking Dog Off Leash - Taserable Offense

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

druggistnut

Reaction score
The tased squirrel almost made me spew my coffee.
You come up with some of the damnedest things, Surface. I commend you sir, on your thoroughness and zeal that you approach each task with.
Bill

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
ORIGINAL: rockbot

Hey Surf, that map is scaring me.

We just got through a large protest yesterday over at our DLNR office. Me about about 60 other hunters showed up. Soon we will have no use for our guns as the Government is pushing forward with plans to eradicate all game mammals. We are going to be charged 10 cents per grocery bag to the sum of $20 million a year to fund it.

Govt gone wild I tell you![:mad:]

Tony,...That really sucks!...(You might want to hang on to the guns though! ) [8|]

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Here's another SHOCKER for ya.. this time it was definitely called for, the US economy was at stake!

rockbot

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: surfaceone

We just got through a large protest yesterday over at our DLNR office. Me about about 60 other hunters showed up. Soon we will have no use for our guns as the Government is pushing forward with plans to eradicate all game mammals. We are going to be charged 10 cents per grocery bag to the sum of $20 million a year to fund it.

No foolin, Tony,

What dey up to now? Are they gonna have some sorta "prescribed" Gov.Hunt? They can't eradicate them sheep, by their very own rules, I think.

Plastic or Paper eh? Not even a "sin" tax. Holy Reverend Wright, did you see Mr. Obama's Jesus is for Taxing speech the other day? It's getting positively surreal.

Or Attorney General Holder's kabuki dance around the Fast & Furious disaster?
eric_holder.jpg

These guys need to be outstalled in November, sooner, in Mr.Holder's case.

cma_image1.jpg

Surf, the DLNR has been forced to comply with a court order from the Fed's due to a lawsuit by the Sierra club. They are quite good at these days. Sheep
don't have much chance when you rain down on them from helicopters with assault rifles.

The latest battle is the acquisition of lands by the National Park, Nature Conservancy, State NAR, and the World heritage fund. Basically they are buying out Hawaii. A forest restoration act has been implemented and they are going after the wild pig. That is a real no-no to the local culture.
The pigs were brought here some 1500 years ago by the Hawaiians.

cyberdigger

Reaction score
HERE'S the people the laws were designed to protect.. I say pretty much everybody needs a good tazing once in a while.. it might even wake Mom up again..

surfaceone

Reaction score

Land-of-the-Free.jpg
From.

That map is scaring me, too. Should be scaring all of us American types. The "dark blueing" of America has occurred, for the most part, in my life time and is accelerating lately, at an alarming pace.

taserlib_dees.jpg

Tony, I'm always amazed at the various Hawaiian agencies that you have to help you. [8D]

"Project Description

The overall management goal is to manage threats to the integrity, diversity and functioning of Pu ̳u Maka ̳ala NAR ecosystems so that the unique natural and cultural resources are protected, maintained, and enhanced.
Management programs that support this overall goal include the following:

1. Ungulate Management
2. Weed Management
3. Habitat Protection and Rare Species Restoration
4. Fire Prevention and Response
5. Monitoring
6. Public Access, Outreach and Education
7. Enforcement
8. Partnership Collaboration
9. Infrastructure and Other Actions

Cultural resources are addressed through the protection of the natural resources through the programs above. According to Maly (2004), ―...the mountain landscape, its‘ native species, and the intangible components therein, are a part
of a sacred Hawaiian landscape. Thus, the landscape itself is a highly valued cultural property" Aloha From Forestry & Wildlife.

Sometimes the language in these overblown .gov documents is most revealing. They sure are anti-ungualate, not to pro-people either...

The tased squirrel almost made me spew my coffee.
You come up with some of the damnedest things, Surf

Thank you, Bill, You're about to have me blushing.

taser-c2_3.png

surfaceone

Reaction score
HERE'S the people the laws were designed to protect.. I say pretty much everybody needs a good tazing once in a while..

Hey Charles,

I think you're on to something:

"Would stun guns make prisons safer?

Michigan's state prison system plans to start a pilot program giving some corrections officers stun guns or Tasers.

Department of Corrections spokesman Russ Marlan says the devices would be used to help break up fights between prisoners and help officers subdue prisoners if they're attacked by them.

Marlan said breaking up assaults more quickly could help the prison system save money on medical treatment and workers' compensation costs.

The department has ordered about 100 stun guns. They will be given to officers where fights are most frequent such as food halls and prison yards.

Marlan said the devices have been used in some other state prison systems.

Last week, an inmate died at the Isabella County Jail.

Officers used a stun gun to subdue 36-year-old Bradford Gibson of New Jersey. He was arrested for being disorderly and assaulting a police officer at a Mount Pleasant bar.

Gibson was found unconscious in his cell an hour after he was brought in.

Police are waiting for autopsy results to determine the cause of death." From.

The earlier story:

"Stun gun had been used on jail inmate who was found dead in cell

MT. PLEASANT -- A media report says police had used a stun gun on a jail inmate about an hour before the man died in a Mid-Michigan jail cell.

The Morning Sun reports Bradford Gibson was being arrested for disorderly conduct at a Mt. Pleasant bar, when he resisted police and assaulted an officer. Police used the device to arrest him, and then took him to the Isabella County Jail.

Earlier this week, NBC25 learned that Gibson was found unconscious in his cell around 3:00 a.m. He was not breathing, and didn’t have a pulse.

An autopsy will be performed to determine the exact cause of death. In the meantime, the Associated Press says Michigan State Police are investigating.

Do you think stun guns are too dangerous, or should police still be able to use them to arrest disorderly people? Leave us your comments below..." From.

"State police confirm dead inmate was Tasered

By SUSAN FIELD
Clare Managing Editor

State police on Wednesday confirmed that an inmate at the Isabella County jail was Tased by police officers trying to get him to leave a local bar early Saturday morning.

Bradford T. Gibson, who died at the Isabella County Jail after his arrest on Saturday, had been Tased while struggling with police while they were trying to arrest him, state police Lt. Christopher Stolicker said.

Gibson, 36, of East Orange, N.J., died sometime after 2 a.m., when he was seen walking around in his cell and was heard by other inmates, and 3 a.m., when corrections officers checked on him and found him unresponsive, Stolicker said.

Gibson had been arrested by Mt. Pleasant Police officers in the early morning hours Saturday after they were called to Wayside Central at South Mission and East Broomfield streets at about 1:40 a.m., Stolicker said.

Officers were told that Gibson was disturbing other patrons and refused to leave the bar after being asked by employees to leave, Stolicker said.

Gibson was struggling with the arresting officers when the Taser was used, then Gibson was arrested and taken to jail, Stolicker said.

A Mt. Pleasant officer took Gibson to the jail at about 2 a.m.

sabella County Sheriff Leo Mioduszewski said Gibson was very uncooperative and, rather than being booked, was placed in a holding cell until he calmed down.

There are six holding cells surrounding master control in the jail, and, because of his demeanor, he was placed alone in one of the cells, the sheriff said.

“He would not cooperate,†Mioduszewski said. “We knew we couldn’t book him in, so he was placed in a holding cell.

After being taken to jail, Gibson was “observed walking around in his cell and he was heard by other people in the jail,†Stolicker said in a press release.

After finding Gibson unresponsive, corrections officers called emergency medical personnel to the jail.

An ambulance arrived shortly before 3 a.m. and attempts to revive Gibson were unsuccessful, Stolicker said.

Gibson had not suffered any apparent trauma and it was not clear if he had any medical issues, Stolicker said.

An autopsy has been conducted at Spectrum Health in Grand Rapids, and the cause of death is not yet known with the autopsy report pending, Stolicker said." From.

"Family of teen, who died after police used a stun gun on him, wins $1 million settlement

BAY CITY -- The family of a teenager, who died after police used a stun gun on him two years ago, has won a $1 million settlement.

It’s a story NBC25 first brought you in March 2009. Police were called to a home in Bay City for reports of minors drinking alcohol.

When police arrived, they found 15-year-old Brett Elder and several other teens. Edler was reportedly extremely intoxicated. Police say they tried to calm the boy down, but he fought back. Authorities said the fight worsened, and they were eventually forced to use a stun gun to tame him.

However, Elder died from the shock.

His family has been fighting the police on the case ever since, and have taken them to court over the matter. They say that police used unnecessary force, and it was their fault that their son died.

Now, about two years later, a settlement has been reached in the case. The courts say four of the teen’s family members and the family’s attorney will get a share of the $1 million. According to the Bay City Times, Eugene Elder. Sr. will get $219,554, Eugene Elder Jr. will receive $200,000, Eric Elder (Brett's brother) will also receive $200,000, and Brett Elder's grandmother, Nancy Maluci, will be given $1,000.

No charges were ever filed against the police officer who used the stun gun on the teen.

Do you think the family deserved a settlement, or do you think that police were merely doing their job? Leave us your thoughts..." From.

"Officer tased handcuffed man

LANSING (AP) -- Lansing police officials say an officer whose Tasering of a handcuffed man was caught on dashboard video has been suspended for two weeks without pay for violating department policy.

Police Chief Mark Alley said on Aug. 16 officer Ryan Smith responded to a domestic call between a 43-year-old Lansing man and his girlfriend.

Alley tells the Lansing State Journal that a scuffle ensued between Smith and Rocky Allred, who head-butted the officer as he tried to handcuff him. Smith attempted to Taser Allred, but the weapon failed.

Two other officers subdued Allred while Smith reloaded the Taser, then fired. Allred fell and suffered injuries that included a broken jaw.

No charges have been filed against Smith. The union representing the two-year veteran said he followed policy and it will protest the suspension.

(Copyright ©2009 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)" From.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~&&&~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Taser Mishap At Roll Call

A police officer, who injured another officer with his Taser gun, was arrested Wednesday.

Officer John Scavatto, an officer for 18 years, was charged with reckless endangerment and third degree assault.
The Taser's two darts, which deliver electrical charges, hit the other officer in the mouth and neck area. He was treated and released from the Hartford Hospital and is expected to return to work on Monday.

According to police officials, Scavatto pointed his Taser gun at the other officer during roll call and it accidentally discharged.

Pending the criminal investigation and an internal affairs review, Scavatto has been placed on paid leave." From.

Twice Tazing is Just More Fun...

Darkow_edit_3-4_t700x400.jpg

rockbot

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: surfaceone

Tony, I'm always amazed at the various Hawaiian agencies that you have to help you. [8D]

The overall management goal is to manage threats to the integrity, diversity and functioning of Pu ̳u Maka ̳ala NAR ecosystems so that the unique natural and cultural resources are protected, maintained, and enhanced.
Management programs that support this overall goal include the following:

1. Ungulate Management
2. Weed Management
3. Habitat Protection and Rare Species Restoration
4. Fire Prevention and Response
5. Monitoring
6. Public Access, Outreach and Education
7. Enforcement
8. Partnership Collaboration
9. Infrastructure and Other Actions

Cultural resources are addressed through the protection of the natural resources through the programs above. According to Maly (2004), ―...the mountain landscape, its‘ native species, and the intangible components therein, are a part
of a sacred Hawaiian landscape. Thus, the landscape itself is a highly valued cultural property" Aloha From Forestry & Wildlife.

Sometimes the language in these overblown .gov documents is most revealing. They sure are anti-ungualate, not to pro-people either...

Yep! the only thing that usually happens is the "Ungulate control"

Manuka Nature area reserve is another example. They did the study, they shot the animals and put up the gates. 20 years in the making.
The place is now totally over grow with invasive plants. Apparently the evil ungulates enjoyed invasive plants.[8D]

RedGinger

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Blackglass

...Am I the only one who thinks tasering someone because they have an unleashed dog and gave a false name is absolutely insane? What are we turning into, freaking Nazi Germany???

Agreed. Gunth, I felt bad laughing at your comment. Also, what if the poor dog gets tased in the process?! Ridiculous.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28