Walking the Ditch.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

The Bottleman

Reaction score
While walking a ditch back in the Spring i found what appeared to me to be a dump. If you have seen any of my older posts you may have seen the 3 gallon crock i pulled from this dump. I dont think the dump has any age to it because i found some neat smalls but none were embossed, and everything else i found were ketchups and the like. Not a single milk. Only found one bottle that was a cork top instead of having threads. But yesterday about 2 hours before dark i headed out to go back to my dump. If you paid attention to the news back in 2010 you may have heard about the 100 floods Tennessee got. Well that flood made my dump disappear. I think i may have found it again but all the landmarks that i had in my mind that showed where it was at are gone. While looking for the dump i did find a large porcelain gulf oil sign sticking out of the bank. It took me two hours to dig it out and is in terrible shape, still covered in mud at the moment because it was dark when i got home. Once i get it cleaned up ill post some pictures.

Plumbata

Reaction score
Even in bad shape it could be a very excellent find. I guess it depends upon how you define "terrible shape".

Looking forward to the pictures!

Also, the flooding that occurred may have eroded some streambank dumps in other locations in your area. It would be nice if you could do some scouting before other diggers find the newly revealed dumps!

The Bottleman

Reaction score
Well plumbata that is one thing i dont have to worry about, there are no other diggers(; so noone to take my spots. but unfortunately noone to help me find them either. As soon as i get it all cleaned up ill put a picture up, rusted pretty bad. Not sure how much is rust and how much is mud though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson