Want Straight Sided Cokes under $50!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

AlexD

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm looking to buy Straight Sided Cokes for under $50. I normally buy from eBay but it's not doing the best on there. The bottles are going for way to cheap/expensive or pretty torn up. I fix bottles for a hobby as well as for the money[;)]. I do a routine where I start up a small collection, fix them (fill the chips, polish, etc) and sell the collection. Then start over again[&:]. Anyone got any to sell? Post a picture or two if so, I'll take a look and make you an offer.[:D]

Uncle_Jarvis

Reaction score
There is currently a fair amount of ss Cokes on Ebay from one seller $8-$30 range .. they are all "commons" though. .

You say you do repairs. Do you use a tumbler at all? Also, are you able fix a coke with a broken/missing crown? Obviously you need a similar color/shade donar bottle but figured I'd give it a shot to have repaired/polished.

I'd like to get that amber Cumberland MD in the pic fixed up.

20121030_164821.jpg

Thanks

AlexD

Reaction score
First of all, your collection is extremely nice. I believe I've seen your collection before on another forum? And no, I don't use a tumbler, all the ones I own that need tumbling (they were so bad that they're almost worth nothing in the condition they were in) I either try to sell again in a lot or I DO have a Huntington Coke that's getting tumbled right now. It's my first time with tumbling though. I had sent it to a friend who does his own tumbling. The polishing I do will take off the scratches/ware from the bottle on the outside, however, it's somewhat challenging. I use a car detailer and a certain kind of oil. The oil can't be too much or you have to wash it off and start over. What I would do with the bottle is get a Wine bottle cutter and two bottles of the same shade and size, cut the top off both and seal them with a very thin coat of dark colored glue. I had one with a broken top I was going to make into a glass, I used string and alcohol, some thing I saw on Youtube. You have to set the string on fire and it burns off the alcohol. It ended up cracking so I don't think I'd use that. I'd say the hardest parts would be finding the two bottles, since over the different ages the amount of glass used has changed and as well as the shade too. Also where the bottle is broken so close to the middle I'd worry about a glass cutter cracking it. I'm not really sure.[8|][&:]

AlexD

Reaction score
Here's the bottle cutter http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stained-Glass-G2-Bottle-Cutter-Generation-Green-Recycles-Wine-Bottles-NICE-/330625367297?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cfacebd01

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles