Wanted, Billing marble bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

IRISH

Reaction score
Anyone here have a E.L. Billing's Sacramento Cal. marble bottle for sale or swap ? or any info as to rarity etc. I have a small blob top soda from this company and would like any info on other bottles they used.
E.L. Billing was (as far as I can find out) a relative of mine from a part of the family that moved to America in the mid 1800's from the UK (my part of the family moved to Australia in the 1830's thru to the 1850's).
There is a stone ginger beer from Adelaide Australia too, "G. BILLING ADELAIDE" I won't even bother to ask if anyone's got one of them [;)] (I've never seen one, just photo's).

Tandy

Reaction score

[:)] The G. Billing is a white glazed, impressed ginger beer that is extremely rare. G. Billing operated as a ginger beer brewer between 1866 and 1869, in Adelaide. [:)]

IRISH

Reaction score
Hey Tandy, my great great etc. grandfather lived in Adelaide at that time, bit of a coincidence that his name was George Billing hey! [:D] . We don't know for sure if he brewed ginger beer but it's a good chance he did [;)] .

bigkitty53

Reaction score
Hey Irish,
Don't have one for sale but the guy at this link might be able to help with info;

www.thebottledump.co.uk/collect/robinson/robinson.htm

The blue marble isn't original so it says(!?) but the picture will at least give you an idea of what you're looking for if you haven't ever seen one before.
RE: Other bottles he used I had a look thru my meagre library and found these;
Mike Polak's 'Confident Collector' 1st Ed.('94) p.248: E.L.Billing's,Sac City-Geyser Soda,sapphire-blue,7 1/4",applied top,smooth base,American 1872-1879......$75-125
There's a so-so picture on p.240,3rd from right,bottom of page.
Kovel's 9th Ed.('92)p.191:same description....$176
And finally,
Kovel's 10th Ed.('96)p.200:a lime green version,E.L.Billing's Geysers Soda,7 1/4"...$143
AND E.L.Billings Geysers Soda,Sac City,Aqua,Blob-top,7 1/4".....$50

Hope this helps and good luck![:D]

KAT

IRISH

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the info Kat [:)] , I have seen that website before but I didn't know about the blue E.L. Billing's. The only bottle I have from that company is the last one you mentioned, it came via eBay for about US$40 [:D] .

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster