wanted-colored pickle and citron bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

annie44

Reaction score
I'm interested in purchasing some colored pickle bottles and some citron colored bottles for my collection. I would be interested in ones that are in very good condition, without chips or cracks, and less than $100. Thanks!

Seppala Hutch Soda

Reaction score
Hi Annie44,
I have a true citron colored quart, embossed beer:
Buckeye Bottling Co / picture of deer head / Toledo, O,
applied baltimore loop top, the bottle was dug and professionaly cleaned by Rick Kern,
retains some light case ware, ect. has a tiny hard to find stress flash (does not go through the glass) otherwise displays mint. Asking $60.00 plus postage and I will pay for the insurance. Full 3 day return for any reason.
Please check out my want ad.
Sincerely,
Douglas

annie44

Reaction score
Douglas,
Thank-you for your response. Would it be possible for you to email me a photo of the bottle?
Thanks, Annie44

Seppala Hutch Soda

Reaction score
Hi Annie,
I will try to get photos for your from my son.
I will be away from my desk during the Holidays but wil be back on Jan. 2nd.
I can send you the bottle on "APPOVAL", no money upfront from you and you can decide if it is of your liking or can return and I will pay the return postage and insurance.
Anywhich way I will contact you as soon as possible;
Work Address:
Crocker Nuclear Laboratory
Att: Douglas Seppala
One Shields Ave.
University of California at Davis
Davis, CA 96616-8569

Sincerely,
Douglas

Seppala Hutch Soda

Reaction score
Hi Annie,
I recieved your email and thank you;)
The bottle is a quart, deep brilliant citron (yellow-green) in color and is full face embossed Buckeye Bottling Co / picture of deer head / Toledo, O . The applied blob top is a "baltimore loop" type which has a grove inside the lip for the closure ie gasket.
This bottle is embossed on the reverse heel: E. H. Co. which stands for: Edward H. Everett Co. aka Newark Star Glass Works, Newark, OH. which was in business from 1880-1904. This bottle dates late 1880's. The bottle has a tiny flash on the side (have to hunt for it ) almost at the seam line and does not distract as it done in the making. I have two other bottles made in the same mold, but by different and later glass makers and are embossed as such. The other bottles, one a very deep amber and the other a light honey amber, are mint with lighting type closures.
Will contact you after the holidays:)
Hope I have been of some interest.
Sincerely,
Douglas

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Saturday